The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

Watching the game last night I still don't know his game plan is, we keep the ball but we are too slow getting the ball forward.

He just looks bemused mostly.

He doesn't give me any idea that he could turn this round next season without buying 8 or 9 players and sadly that's not going to happen.

However if he is being sacked and Pearson is to be manager then we need him in the dugout and on the training pitch so he can see who he thinks he can utilise and who we can try and offload.

Kmac in charge is acompletely futile exercise

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I felt he was far to negative in some of those games. While the squad is shit I do think he has to take some responsibility for his approach to games.

Yep, I think so too.

I do see why he was more reserved in those games. At the time it kind of made sense even though I didn't particularly agree with. But certainly in retrospect those games were a missed opportunity, especially those two against Norwich and Sunderland. I know it's only two games, but 4 or 6 points there, at that point, would have been absolutely huge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Sherwood wouldn't have done better but I also don't think he'd have done worse. 

Still didn't know his first choice eleven 9 games into the season

Players did not look fit 20+ games into the season 

Nothing but a chancer and a big factor why were in this position

Garde never stood a chance inheriting the mess he left

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

So achieving similar results with the same players makes one a chancer and one no blame at all. Very strange thinking. 

Does Garde know his best team after spending longer with these players?

• Like 1

So achieving similar results with the same players makes one a chancer and one no blame at all. Very strange thinking. 

Does Garde know his best team after spending longer with these players?

Gardes now got a team suffering from defeatism, we've lost games before a balls been kicked

Just now, villa4europe said:

Gardes now got a team suffering from defeatism, we've lost games before a balls been kicked

And results under him have played a part in that. You can just ignore 20 league games. That's over half a season. 

(1) I think our fans are intelligent enough to recognise that he isn't McLeish, that he's a young up and coming manager with talent and has his teams playing well.

(2) He did a great job at Burton and has done brilliantly at a shit club with a tiny budget. He has lots of talent and I want someone with potential and upside rather than the Steve Bruce's of this world.

(3) They have no choice, we can financially steamroller them. It's only a question of us selling the club into Rowett and that won't be hard.

1) Take the second part of your sentence, but not the second. There will be some fans who will simply not accept a manager from SHA, regardless of who he is. Doesn't bother me personally, but just being realistic.

2) Rowett has undoubtedly done well at Burton & SHA but it's completely different with us. Both of them had low expectations, where next season we will be expected to go straight back up

3) did you see our accounts recently?!? We have an owner that wants out and didn't sanction a single signing despite being desperate in January.

IMO it'll be Pearson as he's out of a job and no compensation needed. Not entirely convinced on him either as he apparently relied heavily on his back room team that are all still at Leicester

Remi Garde future: Aston Villa ready to put manager out of his misery as Premier League relegation looms

Rémi Garde has taken just 12 points from his 20 league games in charge at Aston Villa
  facebook.png  
  twitter.png  
  whatsapp.png  
  email.png  
  blank.gif  
Remi-Garde.jpg Remi Garde GETTY IMAGES

Aston Villa are poised to sack their manager, Rémi Garde, within the next 24 hours.

The Frenchman has looked like a dead man walking for several weeks and is understood to be keen to step down, pending agreement on his pay-off after five months in charge. 

Nigel Pearson and Steve Bruce are names in the frame to replace the 49-year-old, who has overseen just two wins in 20 Premier League matches since his appointment on 2 November, though Bruce’s Birmingham City connections make him a less likely candidate

Villa are understood to be in no rush to hire a full-time replacement as they begin planning for next season in the Championship. Either Garde’s No 2, Eric Black, or the Under-21s coach, Kevin  MacDonald, is likely to stand in as caretaker.

Villa’s relegation is all but a mathematical certainty as they sit nine points adrift at the foot of the table after suffering a sixth straight defeat at Swansea City on Saturday.

Villa’s new chairman, Steve Hollis, has been busily restructuring the club since his arrival in January and last week both Hendrik Almstadt, the sporting director, and chief executive, Tom Fox, departed. Hollis has already assembled a new-look board, including former Football Association chairman David Bernstein and ex-Bank of England governor Mervyn King, and featuring the know-how of Brian Little, the former Villa player and manager, in an advisory capacity.

Hollis refused to offer Garde any assurances on Friday when asked about his place in the club’s plans for next season. “It’s a board who are doing this review and it’s the board that will make the decisions and communicate when it’s ready,” he said.

When Garde, the former Arsenal midfielder and Lyons coach, took over from Tim Sherwood, Villa were four points beneath the team in 17th place. However, a man with no prior experience of English football management has failed to arrest the team’s decline, taking just 12 points from a possible 60. 

The Frenchman has not been helped by the club’s failure to provide reinforcements in the January transfer window, but has looked increasingly like a broken man in recent weeks amid rumours of a dressing-room rift between senior players and last  summer’s influx from abroad. His departure now would be the football equivalent of a mercy killing.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/remi-garde-future-aston-villa-ready-to-put-manager-out-of-his-misery-a6943011.html

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

I'm not convinced Remi knows his first choice XI after 20+ games to be honest.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

One word I'd describe to sum things up....Passive.

Remi is a passive individual, the team are certainly playing in that image and we are passive in trying to avoid relegation.

How do you know? All we've got to go on is press conferences and interviews which are not a reliable indicator of what a manager is like behind closed doors.

Has Pearson had success without the assistants still at Leicester? If not, that could be a worry, especially given how Garde without his pals has turned out.

Hughton may not be a popular choice because of style of play, but he got Newcastle back right away and looks like he's done pretty well everywhere he's been. His last season at Norwich wasnt great but at least they were still above drop zone when we left but got relegated after he left. Other than that season his results look OK to me.

Â