The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

19 minutes ago, TRO said:

Lets just imagine, Remi does go and Nigel gets the job.

Nigel then makes an acceptable fist of it and we start to claw our credibilty back.

Lets just suppose for a minute that happens.

.......What are you going to say then?

There is a fair chance of that happening, the vast majority of the first team can't stand Garde or his coaches, plus apparently Garde doesn't speak to anybody at Bodymoor Heath when he is there if reports are to be believed. The quicker we get rid Garde the better, he is a total waste of time and arguably one of our worst appointments ever.

4 minutes ago, KHV said:

There is a fair chance of that happening, the vast majority of the first team can't stand Garde or his coaches, plus apparently Garde doesn't speak to anybody at Bodymoor Heath when he is there if reports are to be believed. The quicker we get rid Garde the better, he is a total waste of time and arguably one of our worst appointments ever.

59 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Just when you thought this club couldn't possibly get any worse, they're about to sack a manager after about 5 months and replace him with Nigel ***** Pearson or some shit. Aston Villa FC has to be the cruelest joke in history at this point.

are you saying we should keep the manager who sleepwalked us to an embarrassing relegation with a 10% win record so far? He should have been sacked straight after the Liverpool game

Just now, Zatman said:

are you saying we should keep the manager who sleepwalked us to an embarrassing relegation with a 10% win record so far? He should have been sacked straight after the Liverpool game

If the alternative is Nigel Pearson, abso-****-lutely.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

well the way I see it Pearson is a better manager than Garde and would be an improvement. Garde has been a disgrace to management, no better than Tony Adams or Iain Dowie

I'd take Dowie over Pearson.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Prior to that Liverpool, we were 11th in the form table over our previous six matches. It would have been a bit ridiculous to have sacked the manager after our form was finally picking up a bit, just because of a big defeat. 

24 minutes ago, Zatman said:

well the way I see it Pearson is a better manager than Garde and would be an improvement. Garde has been a disgrace to management, no better than Tony Adams or Iain Dowie

'A disgrace'? Oh okay, I see, you've got an irrational personal vendetta. Loud and clear. 

• Like 1

his win record has been put up on Sky earlier and it is appalling worse than the Lambert reign of terror, its nothing personal its just he is a crap manager. Hasnt helped he talked tough in media yet still plays the same **** idiots who cost us week in week out

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

'A disgrace'? Oh okay, I see, you've got an irrational personal vendetta. Loud and clear. 

Zatman wanted Garde sacked after a couple of weeks for daring to pick Scott Sinclair, whilst in the same breath insisting Sherwood should have been given more time.

It's safe to say his opinion on Garde is slightly skewed :)

(not that I think garde has done a good job, I just don't think he's anywhere near as bad as Zatman is making out)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

his win record has been put up on Sky earlier and it is appalling worse than the Lambert reign of terror, its nothing personal its just he is a crap manager. Hasnt helped he talked tough in media yet still plays the same **** idiots who cost us week in week out

I'm well aware of his win record. You can't see any sort of mitigating circumstances to his employment? At all? 

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Zatman wanted Garde sacked after a couple of weeks for daring to pick Scott Sinclair, whilst in the same breath insisting Sherwood should have been given more time.

(not that I think garde has done a good job, I just don't think he's anywhere near as bad as Zatman is making out)

I still stand by my decision that starting Scott **** Sinclair is a sackable offence ;)

I dont care about managers i care about Aston Villa,and giving Garde any amount of money in the summer to build HIS team is very dangerous based on what ive seen so far.We need a fresh start at all levels of this club not just in the boardroom.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm well aware of his win record. You can't see any sort of mitigating circumstances to his employment? At all? 

yeah but why didnt he walk if he is being treated shitty? I have no sympathy at all for him if im honest he is a highly paid qualified "football manager" and he is doing a shit job. If I was doing similar in my job I be sacked 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I still stand by my decision that starting Scott **** Sinclair is a sackable offence ;)

Sherwood should have been sacked after the first game of the season then... :)

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yes but you can't say that on the one hand and on the other say Sherwood should have got more time, he started Sinclair much more than Garde has done. It can't have escaped your attention that Sinclair has been dropped for months. 

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

yeah but why didnt he walk if he is being treated shitty? I have no sympathy at all for him if im honest he is a highly paid qualified "football manager" and he is doing a shit job. If I was doing similar in my job I be sacked 

He hasn't walked for the same reasons most people don't walk out of jobs they don't much like - walking out doesn't help your self-esteem, doesn't look good on your CV, and doesn't pay the bills. 

31 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

tbf he was proven correct on both counts

• Like 1

Â