The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Zatman wanted Garde sacked after a couple of weeks for daring to pick Scott Sinclair, whilst in the same breath insisting Sherwood should have been given more time.

It's safe to say his opinion on Garde is slightly skewed :)

(not that I think garde has done a good job, I just don't think he's anywhere near as bad as Zatman is making out)

Thats a bit rich Stevo

your not exactly a shrinking violet, when it comes to your opinions on managers.

It seems we have quite a divided opinion on here, but remember when its opinions no one is more right than another.

you yourself,have been quite pointed towards some managers,so its not surprising others will have an equally emphatic opinion too.

On 19/03/2016 at 23:59, thabucks said:

Pearson overall managerial record is mediocre outside last seasons heroics though. He is an embarrassment waiting to happen. 

Thats not true though is it! He got Leicester promotion. Thats good enough for me.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Thats a bit rich Stevo

your not exactly a shrinking violet, when it comes to your opinions on managers.

It seems we have quite a divided opinion on here, but remember when its opinions no one is more right than another.

you yourself,have been quite pointed towards some managers,so its not surprising others will have an equally emphatic opinion too.

Zat's opinion is his right. As is my right to call him out on it for being completely contradictory.

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Thats not true though is it! He got Leicester promotion. Thats good enough for me.

There are literally dozens of managers who have gained promotion to the premier league.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Thats a bit rich Stevo

Yes Zatman and me have been pro Sherwood because he brought some excitement back to the club. I know Stevo was very anti Sherwood which is fine, everybody is entitled to their opinion. 

• Like 1

Sherwood was very exciting for about 4 games last season.

From May he was as bad as any manager we've ever had, and what he did in the Summer has destroyed us.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There are literally dozens of managers who have gained promotion to the premier league.

Yes of course but theres plenty who have followed that with relegation the following season. Anyway how many of those managers are available. 

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Yes Zatman and me have been pro Sherwood because he brought some excitement back to the club. I know Stevo was very anti Sherwood which is fine, everybody is entitled to their opinion. 

Presumably, the entire footballing world (yourself and Zatman aside) thinks Tim Sherwood is a crap football manager due to his current employment situation?

• Like 1

Just now, PaulC said:

Yes of course but theres plenty who have followed that with relegation the following season. Anyway how many of those managers are available. 

I'd suggest it would be in double figures, if the only criteria you're looking for is promotion and then staying up.

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Sherwood had lost the dressing room. He put them in the hole that Remi was unable to climb from.

I'm not sure what reason people have to think he would have gotten more, potentially it could have been even worse especially when the club pulled the plug and waved the flag in January. 

And Lambert left a well oiled machine for Tim to just get out his deck chair;)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Agreed

Whilst Sherwood was our manager, I actually wasn't "very anti-Sherwood" until about October. I backed him a hell of a lot longer than a lot of fans on here.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

And Lambert left a well oiled machine for Tim to just get out his deck chair;)

I hope that smiley is recognising the fact that that's an absurd comparison?

19 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Tim should still be here!!! This thread wouldn't be taking up valuable space on this site and we would have more than 16 bleedin points!!! IMO

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I hope that smiley is recognising the fact that that's an absurd comparison?

You know what they say about sarcasm

you see, here you go again, ridiculing someone elses opinion/analogy implying yours is sacrosanct.

• Like 1

i felt more positive under Sherwood than I ever have done under Garde, people will rightly state that's because he had better players playing under him which is true but those players weren't playing well under Lambert. Under Sherwood he had the players driving forward at pace and everyone was competing for every ball. Now eventually once we were safe the whole squad seemed to tank, psychologically they were shot and our best players had probably already decided they were leaving as they were sick of relegation dog fights.

At the start of the season he hadn't got a clue who or how to play with our new look squad, but i could bet you a tenner he would have done better than Garde has done.

and i think Sherwood is an egotistical arse

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 2

Oh no not Sherwood again. Sherwood was like applying a sticky plaster, when in reality Villa needed a full operation doing. He did enough to get us to the summer, and it worked out for a short period, but then we should have done things properly and got ourselves sorted. We didn't, we left it too long and now we are in critical condition in hospital.

Â