The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

43 minutes ago, bobzy said:

See, I don't get this.

Sherwood was with us this season and did a worse job this season than his replacement has done, again, this season.  Where is any logic that dictates Sherwood would've somehow done better?

How has he done worse?

He won 1 out of 10, Remi has won 2 out of 20. We scored more goals per game under Sherwood too

4 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

How has he done worse?

He won 1 out of 10, Remi has won 2 out of 20. We scored more goals per game under Sherwood too

Garde has a better losing ratio and better points per game ratio.  In fact, in every barometer in which the league table is measured, Garde has done better.

Still woeful, but better.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Haha perfect example. 

So Garde can't be judged with another man's squad but Sherwood can. 

One doesn't have his coaching badges or a clue and is getting the same results as someone with pedigree in the game. Doesn't say much for Garde, which again I question why such differing attitudes. 

I haven't said anything of the sort, so nice strawman. My entire point was that Sherwood got to build his own squad (and failed miserably) and Garde didn't (and had to pick up the pieces), so literally the opposite of the bolded.

Like I said, it is utterly myopic to simply look at the results. There are differing attitudes because people look beyond the results. Novel idea, I know. But it's whatever, you can continue to see everything through tunnel vision while in the same breath accusing others of being biased. Next levels of irony that seems to be lost on you.

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Sherwood won 10 out of 28 games.

Remi has won 3 out of 23.

What kind of bollocks is this? 

Sherwood won most of his games with Benteke, Delph, Vlaar, and Cleverley in the team.

Why don't we include Remi Garde's last 10 games before us then, whenhe had talented players like Lacazette, etc? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

With an on form Benteke up front..

He won 1 of 9 without him.. (League Games)

Edited by cudoz

4 minutes ago, Jay.P.A said:

What kind of bollocks is this? 

Sherwood won most of his games with Benteke, Delph, Vlaar, and Cleverley in the team.

Why don't we include Remi Garde's last 10 games before us then, whenhe had talented players like Lacazette, etc? 

Statistics mate.

12 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Sherwood won 1 in 10 with the only true comparable that we have - that being this squad.

We could speculate all day long over whether or not Garde would've done better with Benteke, Delph et al.  Fact is that he's done terribly without them, so it's pointless discussing.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Statistics mate.

Right, so here's my stat:

Sherwood's win ratio before Villa was 50% (out of 14 games)

Garde's win ratio before Villa is 53% (Out of 146 games)

K, thanks, bye. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jay.P.A said:

Right, so here's my stat:

Sherwood's win ratio before Villa was 50% (out of 14 games)

Garde's win ratio before Villa is 53% (Out of 146 games)

K, thanks, bye. 

Great, so all we need now is to join a third rate league and Garde can win us some games.

Great, so all we need now is to join a third rate league and Garde can win us some games.

Exactly, just like how we need back Benteke. Delph, Vlaar and Cleverley back to win some games. 

I thought this was the Remi Garde thread?  Why do people still have to keep going on about Tim Sherwood all the time ?  Just forget it now - same as we can forget Remi soon too.  Stop all the point scoring.  The people who hated Sherwood are so obvious , Ok as are the people who liked him (me included!) but I really can't understand how Garde gets cut so much slack.   Probably because in some people's eyes, he's not Sherwood I guess!!    I just don't find Remi inspiring at all and god knows what he says to the players at half-time. 

14 minutes ago, Jay.P.A said:

Exactly, just like how we need back Benteke. Delph, Vlaar and Cleverley back to win some games. 

I don't think Remi would get anything out of them. He has failed with pretty much every single player so far.
Sure, they are of a higher calibre but we still don't have a starting 11 as bad as they have shown to be under him.

I don't think Remi would get anything out of them. He has failed with pretty much every single player so far.
Sure, they are of a higher calibre but we still don't have a starting 11 as bad as they have shown to be under him.

Pure conjuncture. 

Â