Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

So he's a Croatian international goalkeeper.

He's first choice for top Croatian outfit Hajduk Split.

It's a record fee for a Croatian keeper.

It's neither here nor there but it is Croatia, a recent EU member state.  I know they still need work permits but you'd think if it was 50/50, being EU might tip it in our favour.

It really feels at the moment as if neither playing in red or in London is counting against us.  The footballing Gods want us down.  It sucks being one of the Premier League's 'have nots' today.

• Like 1

That French journo Jonathan Johnson who was ok during the summer has tweeted the appeal has been rejected so it's not happening

Madness, there are several clubs in the prem that don't seem to have this issue

I'd like to see how he compares internationally to kramaric

50 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:
Lovre Kalinic's appeal for a work permit has been REJECTED, and so his transfer to Aston Villa has fallen through. http://dalmatinskiportal.hr/sport/sok--odbijena-radna-dozvola--propao-transfer-lovre-kalinica/9783

Hajduk officials are said to be "in shock" at the decision as they were set to get a clear 4m euros out of the deal. Big blow.

Yet that Kramaric bloke who moved to Leicester this time last year got one despite not playing much more for Croatia, we should just claim Chelsea want to sign him.

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I have no idea how work permit regulations work.

Chelsea signed a then-17 (maybe younger) Tomas Kalas (Czech) with no problems, but we can't sign a Croatian international at 25 who is likely to be a first choice player?

Wut?

Czech has different rules regarding work permits with England. Croatia is part of the EU, but there is a rule in place for them requiring a work permit. Plus Kalas was very young and was eligible to work under the exceptional young talent rule in place for young footballers. 

• Like 1

Maybe a relation of Guzan was on the work permit committee lol! Seriously tho what a joke if it had been manure or someone similar i bet the permit would have sailed through!!

Just now, calcifer said:

Maybe a relation of Guzan was on the work permit committee lol! Seriously tho what a joke if it had been manure or someone similar i bet the permit would have sailed through!!

They would use the logic that "if a CL side or a reigning champion are buying you then you MUST be good, otherwise why would they bother trying?".  But Villa?  Buying a foreign goalie?  Pfff, no, go find one in the classifieds.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Czech has different rules regarding work permits with England. Croatia is part of the EU, but there is a rule in place for them requiring a work permit. Plus Kalas was very young and was eligible to work under the exceptional young talent rule in place for young footballers. 

And what exceptional talent is Kalas good at?

Think salifou is a better example if you're questioning who gets a permit, looks like they factor in the fee and the wages (the higher the better) salifou was signed for less, probably paid less, from a lower ranked non EU country

That with the money, if we were signing him for £15m and paying him £80k a week he'd score higher, another example of where football has gone, it's either for tax (doubt it) or because the non football simpletons are using fees to pass judgement on his ability

As part of the recent expansion of the EU they introduced a new rule where original member countries could delay the freedom of movement of people from new member states like Croatia until 2018.  Czech workers were allowed to come straight over upon joining the union in 2004, judging from wiki, hence the difference.

• Like 2

Wanted

Goalkeeper needed for a struggling team. Must be able to save the ball and not flap about at crosses like someone who is having a fit. Been able to kick the ball to a team mate would be a bonus.

Must be willing to work for peanuts ( unless your allergic ) and if things don't work out be expected to be called a waste of money.

There we go lets get that stuck in the express and star lol!

5 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Kalas was considered to be a very good prospect when he was a teenager hence why chelsea bought him. 

Surely you could claim that about any young player though, only a small percentage amount to anything special.

He's nearly 23 and has played the grand total of 2 games for Chelsea in 6 years, played twice for Czechs (so would presumably fail the criteria now) and has played about 20 times on loan at Boro.

The work permit process has always appeared random to me and does favour the bigger clubs with better lawyers. I'd imagine we'd appeal this but they have tightened up the regulations so we may have to look elsewhere. 

Pretty sure Guzan had his permit rejected and we won it on appeal, Bosko Balaban aswell.