Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

That is exactly the squad I expect to see next season (but no okore). They have no choice but to buy players come summer if all these players leave as we will only have about 11 players in the squad 

That would mean spending money and you know that doesn't fit in with this regime. Expect the manager ( who ever is in charge ) to be told to utilise the youth we have!

• Like 1

On 12/28/2015 at 19:01, Richard said:

How many points do you think we will finish with. I'm optimistically thinking 18 but I couldn't say how!

I don't think so.

The next time we hear from our glorious leader will be when he's completed a deal to sell up. 

He's got no interest (other than his financial one) in this club anymore.

• Like 1

Hypothetical question, say in 12 months Aston villa are top of the championship because not spending in January meant we could outspend our rivals in the championship, does this guy get any credit for forward planning?

Just now, Jimzk5 said:

Hypothetical question, say in 12 months Aston villa are top of the championship because not spending in January meant we could outspend our rivals in the championship, does this guy get any credit for forward planning?

lol

26 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

If we had spent the money.. we have had numerous of chances of closing the gap since January. We could have stayed up. He will get no credit whatsoever. Only credit he will get is when he sells the club. 

• Like 2

Great post by Richard. Sums it all up. What has impressed me is a lot of neutral fans with no axe to grind have basically said to me 'shame about Villa, they are a big club and should not be in the mess they are'. I think a lot of people are finding out how rotten to the core Villa are now, and unless major changes occur nothing will change. We need another 68 moment to flush it all out. But it is a lot harder in 2016 than 1968 to get rid of the owner and turn a ailing club around.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Richard said:

1) I think the currentl corporate strategy is cut it all back and rebuild once we have hit the lowest point and we are not at the lowest point yet

2) Arrogant **** and those he employs in his likeness cannot see or accept they are wrong.  They believe they know what is right and will keep on repeating the same mistakes expecting a different result.

100% agree with your post Richard

But these 2 points I fear the most

I walked with my older brother from the top of Aldridge Road to VP every 2nd week to see a 3rd Div AV

I've seen us against Pele, George Best & Bobby Charlton.

I've wagged school to see LC SF replays

Followed us through Europe

Been to Wembley

I've seen the bottom (div3) and I seen the very top (div1 champs & Champs of Europe). But this is the lowest feeling of "no hope for the future" I have ever seen.

It simply hurts.

I work all over Europe and all the football talk is about, Guadiola, Messi, Ronaldo, RM, Barca, Bayern, PSG, ManU/C, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool.

It's sickening to know that we were once there too

Edited by Grasshopper

On 17 February 2016 at 17:21, Richard said:

I try and convince myself i dont care anymore.  I don't go to matches as frankly I have other things to do.  I know thats an excuse and if I wanted to go I would but the last few times I went I came out saying to myself "was that worth it? what the **** was that about".  To be brutally honest I have seen more matches in corporate for Villa in the last few seasons than paying for them,  I'm a shit fan I get it.

But I try and convince myself i dont care and it works to a degree.

Then I dwell on AVFC.....:snip:

If we care about this big old claret and blue lover that is Villa we all have to fight together,  not each other.

Great post Richard and I couldn't agree more. I have come to accept the idea of going down, but what happens then? Living down here in Bournemouth, the easiest thing would be to stick two fingers up and find something else to do. I have had so many long miserable journeys home from VP in the last 4/5 years that I have often questioned my sanity.

BUT for now I refuse to be driven away from my club by these absolute ****** who are ruining it!

Over the years I have been as guilty as others on forums for winding up and point scoring. There has always been a bit of division between various groups of Villa fans but I have never known it to be this bad or for so many to be so apathetic. There is very little passion or unity among the fans. I

You are absolutely right that "as long as we fight each other we do not fight for Villa" but it is the way of football forums. I see little changing. 

Although I go to every home game and some away, I know 10 times more Villa fans that don't bother anymore than actually those who go to the games. Many of those who stay connected via VT will probably drift away when we are out of sight out of mind in the Championship. I don't blame them, our record over the last 5 seasons has been appalling, but for now I want to keep going with hope against hope that we will turn it round.

If I walk away I doubt that I will go back and those in power will not give a s'hit. However everytime we play and I am not there, I know I will regret it!

The future of Aston Villa is unbelievably bleak :-(

Villa are going to relegated this season.

Villa are going to relegated this season, and Bournemouth will survive.

Villa are going to relegated this season, and West Brom will not.

Villa are going to playing in the Championship next season and **** Watford will be in the Premier League.

Villa are going to be playing MK Dons, Brentford and Preston next year and Leicester City will be playing in the Champions League.

I was utterly depressed thinking about this on the journey to work today.

What the **** has been allowed to happen to Villa?

• Like 3

Â