Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

I'm sure I'll take some abuse for this, but at the very least this thread needs reopening.

This isn't a reaction to today, this is a reflection on where we stand with five games gone, or over 10% of the season if you'd prefer!

We've played against one good team yet only have four points. One win against newly promoted Bournemouth, inability to win at home against awful Sunderland, losing today. Sherwood showing, at best, complete inexperience with his substitutions. No obvious striker and no clear game plans. Lots of unknown quantities either ability wise or whether they'll settle in the league/ country.

I personally think we're in massive trouble but it would only be the most optimistic of fans who doesn't think this at least needs discussing.

• Like 1

Maybe I'm still not over the pathetic display against the crisp words removed, but I'm really starting to not care about the prospect of relegation now. I know it would be disastrous for us but then again putting up with the same shit every season in the Premier League is hardly pleasant either. This club is just absolutely rotten.

• Like 1

Anyone who is pissed off with this thread needs a reality check. The fact is we are absolutely miles away from a stable midtable team. Season after season we are shit and season after season the club feeds us the same old shite about being in a 'transitional period'. It really is unbelievable. You don't see Newcastle, Everton or Spurs in the shit season after season like we are. Clubs which we should be on par with. 

• Like 2

Whenever you listen to "experts" discussing relegation you always here the same thing 'who's going to score them goals', last year it was Benteke, this year?

I'm genuinely worried about our strike force, some will say it's to early to write off Ayew and Gastede but I've seen nothing yet to convince me either will get 10 goals, or anywhere near in fact. Worrying times, AGAIN.

Not too soon either imo....we really need a result today as look what we have coming up over the next few months.....

WBA (H)- Well after last season you'd think we'd psychologically have their number but Pulis would watch that today and see how we concede two goals from high balls and really work on their delivery during the week. They also have a little more pace than last season out wide. Think that will be a draw.

Liverpool (A)- Normally do very well here but Coutinho will be back and think Benteke is destined to score. Defeat.

Stoke (H)- Seems a real struggle to beat these at VP, think we've only done it once since they came up. They've had a poor start but have two back to back home games against Leicester and Bournemouth so think they'll pick up by the time they turn up here.
Draw.

Chelsea (A)- Chelsea will pick up form by next month. Nothing.

Swansea (H)- Got a strange feeling this is the sort of game we'll win as even though Swansea have done well against us recently, they'll come and play and we'll get some space. Looks like it could be desperate stakes by then.

Spurs (A)- Will be generous and give us a point as ex manager factor worked last season.

Man. City (H)- Atmosphere should be good if you know who is involved but we'll do well to get anything. Defeat.

So 6 points takes us up to the grand total of 10 points by the middle of November. All seems a bit groundhog day dosen't it and I'd be surprised if we're out of the bottom 3 with that.

Am worried as other teams like Watford and Norwich are picking up wins already, at least last season Burnley didn't win under November and QPR looked equally poor but so far Sunderland are the only team I've seen that look certs to go down.

• Like 1

What scares me is there seems to be something fundamentally bad with the club, there is no way at all we should have lost that game, or even drew. A draw/loss from 2-0 up should be a freak once in every 2-3 season occurrence, because that's footy. It happens to us all the time. What is scary is the manager and all the coaching staff have changed, as well as 2/3 of the squad, but this poisonous mist still hangs over us and I don't know what will shake it off. 

It's got to the point where I think the only way we will ever get top 6 again is through massive FFP breaking investment. The odds of us doing a Swansea or even Stoke and being a good mid-upper table team (Swansea and Stoke!!??!! For *****  sake) is improbable at best.  Makes me heartbroken I tell you. This football club deserves so much more it's like we are cursed. I am just praying now we survive again.

• Like 1

What scares me is there seems to be something fundamentally bad with the club, there is no way at all we should have lost that game, or even drew. A draw/loss from 2-0 up should be a freak once in every 2-3 season occurrence, because that's footy. It happens to us all the time. What is scary is the manager and all the coaching staff have changed, as well as 2/3 of the squad, but this poisonous mist still hangs over us and I don't know what will shake it off. 

It's got to the point where I think the only way we will ever get top 6 again is through massive FFP breaking investment. The odds of us doing a Swansea or even Stoke and being a good mid-upper table team (Swansea and Stoke!!??!! For *****  sake) is improbable at best.  Makes me heartbroken I tell you. This football club deserves so much more it's like we are cursed. I am just praying now we survive again.

Well one of the main reasons imo is that we continue to hire tactically inept/very limited managers.

It's really hard for a mediocre side like us the get results when the foundations and tactic stability aren't there

Wonder do Chelsea and Stoke fans have such a thread so early on?

Stoke and Chelsea haven't been in relegation battles for the past 5 years.

no but they have made worst starts, one has worst defence and the other hasnt got a win. Its just petty to start such a thread after 5 games

• Like 1

Wonder do Chelsea and Stoke fans have such a thread so early on?

To be fair mate we haven't just had a bad start, we've had a bad 5yr. 

In my humble opinion we don't have a player that will score 10 goals this season, that's pretty grim. What's worse is that all our hopes seems to rest on the shoulders of 2 19r olds.

Well one of the main reasons imo is that we continue to hire tactically inept/very limited managers.

It's really hard for a mediocre side like us the get results when the foundations and tactic stability aren't there

Surely the biggest problem is ownership?

Under we get a commited new owner with real ambition that can provide decent investment and direction we'll be going round in circles every season.

Â