Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

3 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

I'm not preaching here, just speaking for me. I'll naturally keep hope whilst I think there is a possibility. Some would have given up already, I 100% get that.

I've bet on sports and football for nearly a decade and seen some crazy, crazy things happen so this probably helps. 

Putting 10p on us staying up dosen't count.

I think we'll struggle to reach 20 points after today, that has knocked the stuffing out of me.

It's knocked what little stuffing was left out of everyone at the club you could see it in the players. They just don't want to to step out to the pitch anymore. They would be thrilled if someone said the season could end now. How he motivates them , I don't think he is capable of it. They are a useless bunch of players lacking skill and motivation it is a toxic cocktail and to be honest they all want replacing in the summer . Unfortunately our owner will not provide the resources for that and we are going to struggle in the championship next season

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Zatman said:
1 hour ago, useless said:

It's not over yet, beat Stoke and with eleven games left to play, it's on.

:hooray::lol:

I know I get quite a lot of forecasts right, but also a few wrong. My words will only mean something when the players do the business on the pitch and I can look back and say 'I was right again', although of course I wouldn't do that.

Mathematically, today doesn't make that much difference - although the damage the goal difference is a huge blow, and potentially raises the points target by one. 

The reality though, is that the players made clear today that they've stopped trying. They didn't run when tracking back. They bottled out of 50/50 challenges. They didn't shout at each other or try to motivate each other. Nobody took a player on or tried to make anything happen, apart from one Gil run at the start of the second half. They passed the blame, they jogged when they should have run and walked when they should have jogged, they bottled it all day. And in the end, one of them went on Twitter and posted a picture of his new car. 

They've accepted relegation, and since they're the only ones who could do anything about it, there will be no great escape. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Yes he was very scathing of the team. He's right in that there isn't one player on our team than any other Premier League team will look at and want to sign.

25 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Sorry but I think he's full of shit. Obviously his criticisms of the team were justified but we're hardly the worst PL team (and he did say we were the worst).

"I said at half-time they are one of the worst I've seen and was reliably informed Derby and Sunderland may be the worst," he added.

"Forget about what points they are on, I think they are the worst I've seen. I can't remember those seasons.

Bolded just about sums it up.

• Like 1

I thought it was bollocks too, and I guarantee there would be a few enquiries for our players. Ayew, Adama, Amavi. Possibly Veretout and Gana. Someone like Pulis might want to pick Richards up. Okore despite being dog shit today would probably have admirers in the bottom half. Grealish definitely. The rest would probably be seen as damaged goods though.

• Like 1

Derby were worse than us, remember they lost 6-0 at home to us and there were hammered on a nearly weekly basis, ended up with a -69 goal difference.

You'll do well however to find 4 worse teams in the premier league era than this one. Those joke QPR teams that finished bottom in last few seasons were better than this set of mugs.

36 minutes ago, Richard said:

A lot of people in the industry seem to be revelling in our demise 

I see it as the other way around, people are actually feeling sorry for us which is more humiliating 

• Like 1

Derby were different to us, they were a championship squad that got promoted and weren't ready / good enough but they tried

Today was another example, like I said in the reaction thread, bacuna giving coutinho 10 yards and watching him as he crosses the ball in to a bloke unmarked 5 yards out, that's nothing to with ability or quality

I've honestly seen nothing like us, it's worse than the mercenaries that dragged QPR down

But then when those at the top don't give **** then why should anyone else?

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Derby were different to us, they were a championship squad that got promoted and weren't ready / good enough but they tried

but we are a Championship side that somehow stayed up for 3 seasons 

• Like 1

yeah but if you underperform  so badly over a period of time you just realise they are shit. Westwood, Gil, Bunn, Clark, Richardson, Sinclair, Bacuna, Gabby and Lescott would struggle get into current Championship teams

19 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Can't it be a combination of both? Laziness/disinterest and a lack of ability? I don't see why they're mutually exclusive. 

i dont think your far off what it is, some of the players are not good enough in general and definite not good enough to phone in performances. If we were losing and players putting heart in like the start of season then you could understand but playing with no pride for 90 minutes at home is unacceptable

Â