Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

Yes, I was shocked at the lack of effort yesterday, and it was telling that Lescott admitted it in his mea culpa.

I thought it was weird as well - they certainly gave their all last week, what changed? 

And it's true that they don't have the ability to phone in a performance. Most players relax a bit from time to time, that's pretty much second nature, but these can't get away with it. And how did they all come to give up on the same day?

To those wondering about catching matches in the US. BeIn Sports has the rights to the championship and I want to say their broadcast schedule is based on what match is being aired in the UK. You would think a lot of ours would be picked for broadcast. Unless you want to pay over $100 for a full cable/satellite package you can get the Sling International package which is $10 per month and has BeIn and BeIn Espanol. I would not go with FuboTv unless you have a top notch connection I subscribed for about a month before I was ready to pull my hair out. Also, Sling International lets you go back 7 days on programming so no need to remember to DVR a match just scroll back through the week. It's a pretty great service I just pray we get priority for broadcasts. :wacko:

• Like 1

Who else is worried that we'll go into freefall now and end up in League One, or worse, eventually? A Leeds scenario.

I hope we get back out of the Championship at first attempt but it's a tough league and if the players show the lack of fight they've been showing then more relegation looms...

I'm hoping now that Barnsley can make the League One playoffs (currently about six points adrift) and go up.  Oakwell is down the hill from me, a ten minute walk, might be in with a shout of who's ever travelled the shortest distance to an away game.

The Liverpool game feels like the Forest away 6-0 when we were on our way down last time. It completely knocked the confidence of everyone and even with a change of management we were done.

If it wasn't for SGT we would have gone down again, looking at this lot I think we'll be fighting relegation again next year.

I honestly don't think we have any player's on the books good enough, all over the pitch we have 2nd rate player's and not one of them has the balls to even try to compete.

• Like 1

Honestly, the fact that Newcastle also had a similar result is a tiny ray of light; a lifeline. Unless they plummet down with us, if they manage to bounce back in some capacity there's no reason our players shouldn't either. Nothing's really changed mathematically tbh, and if we beat Stoke it's still on...somewhat.

5 hours ago, NorthernGordon said:

Who else is worried that we'll go into freefall now and end up in League One, or worse, eventually? A Leeds scenario.

I hope we get back out of the Championship at first attempt but it's a tough league and if the players show the lack of fight they've been showing then more relegation looms...

As long as Lerner is here this is a very real possibility 

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yes, I was shocked at the lack of effort yesterday, and it was telling that Lescott admitted it in his mea culpa.

I thought it was weird as well - they certainly gave their all last week, what changed? 

And it's true that they don't have the ability to phone in a performance. Most players relax a bit from time to time, that's pretty much second nature, but these can't get away with it. And how did they all come to give up on the same day?

This is what I could not understand and this is what hurts so much.  We are all absolutely desperate to win and thinking we could close the gap to 5pts.  And they come out all causal and half arsed, like its a light training session.  Literally walking at every opportunity, gently jogging here and there as Liverpool passed around them, and occasionally putting in a sprint when they absolutely had to. Honestly, one of the most frustrating performances I have every watched. I can take losing, but not like that.  Thank God for our fans and my memories of old Villa; it is all that keeps my going. 

• Like 1

I don't think we'll spiral downwards for ever more - we should now be showing a profit and we'll be the most attractive championship club for any player to move to. We may need to start again in the summer, if Remi leaves, so for that reason it could easily be two seasons before a new team is in place and firing - but in time, we'll be back.

If it takes 2 seasons then the 6 clubs that have been relegated/promoted in that time will be over 200 million ahead of us.There will be an elite at the top of the championship, how are we going to break into that ?

3 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

If it takes 2 seasons then the 6 clubs that have been relegated/promoted in that time will be over 200 million ahead of us.There will be an elite at the top of the championship, how are we going to break into that ?

Well that assumes that all those relegated teams transition perfectly to the championship, having spent none of the additional money coming their way via the TV deal.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Well that assumes that all those relegated teams transition perfectly to the championship, having spent none of the additional money coming their way via the TV deal.

Whatever they do with the money,they will be way ahead of us.

11 hours ago, NorthernGordon said:

I'm hoping now that Barnsley can make the League One playoffs (currently about six points adrift) and go up.  Oakwell is down the hill from me, a ten minute walk, might be in with a shout of who's ever travelled the shortest distance to an away game.

I'd beat you with the cup match at the keepmoat.

Another dire affair.

the fact that those teams will have been relegated will suggest to me that they havent invested their £100m wisely...

i dont buy in to this £100m ahead of us stuff, it'll go on inflated wages and fees, look at bournemouth, afobe for £10m is a good signing but spending £24m on grabban and iturbe...madness 

and like demitri said theres no guarantee that they'll all spend all of the money, some have already gambled on it and there are still a fair few prem clubs that will need to put a decent percentage in to infrastructure rather than spending it on the pitch, i think the facilities that we have that we rightly consider top quality will be leveled out over the next 5 years

24 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

the fact that those teams will have been relegated will suggest to me that they havent invested their £100m wisely...

i dont buy in to this £100m ahead of us stuff, it'll go on inflated wages and fees, look at bournemouth, afobe for £10m is a good signing but spending £24m on grabban and iturbe...madness 

and like demitri said theres no guarantee that they'll all spend all of the money, some have already gambled on it and there are still a fair few prem clubs that will need to put a decent percentage in to infrastructure rather than spending it on the pitch, i think the facilities that we have that we rightly consider top quality will be leveled out over the next 5 years

agreed, that extra money will only get spunked on overpriced players.  The quality of player wont suddenly rocket - the prices for bang average ones will..............

• Like 2

Â