Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

7 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

I want Bournemouth and Norwich with us when we go down but we probably won't be able to compete with them without a new owner.

A year and a half from now and we'll be playing the likes of Doncaster and Fleetwood.  

I don't even know what I think anymore, nothing makes sense. One thing is for certain, and that is that there is absolutely no chance of us surviving anymore, regardless of mathematic confirmation. I'm totally resigned to it now, and yes I know some folded much earlier in the season.

• Like 1

I said in the pre match thread, the worst team I've ever witnessed in my lifetime at villa was the one that lost 3-0 to Wigan at villa park in 2012

Aston Villa

• 22 Guzan 
  • 06 Clark 
  • 27 Bennett 
  • 30 Lichaj (Albrighton - 64' ) 
  • 34 Lowton Booked
  • 07 Ireland (El Ahmadi - 63' ) 
  • 25 Bannan Booked
  • 31 Herd 
  • 14 Holman (Bowery - 63' ) 
  • 20 Benteke 
  • 26 Weimann Booked

is what played today any better, I honestly don't think it is

2 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

I said in the pre match thread, the worst team I've ever witnessed in my lifetime at villa was the one that lost 3-0 to Wigan at villa park in 2012

Aston Villa

• 22 Guzan 
  • 06 Clark 
  • 27 Bennett 
  • 30 Lichaj (Albrighton - 64' ) 
  • 34 Lowton Booked
  • 07 Ireland (El Ahmadi - 63' ) 
  • 25 Bannan Booked
  • 31 Herd 
  • 14 Holman (Bowery - 63' ) 
  • 20 Benteke 
  • 26 Weimann Booked

is what played today any better, I honestly don't think it is

Certainly Benteke and Weimann in those days were better than what he have up front at the mo.  The rest is probably just as awful.  It's a bit of a miracle that it's taken this long to get relegated, looking back on what we've had in the past.

6 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Certainly Benteke and Weimann in those days were better than what he have up front at the mo.  The rest is probably just as awful.  It's a bit of a miracle that it's taken this long to get relegated, looking back on what we've had in the past.

I said this at the end of last season, it's a weird sort of achievement that we've been so shit, for so long and somehow always stayed up. The last team we had that you could argue should really have finished higher than it did was under mcleish.

we could, arguably should have gone down in any of the last 4 years.

Edited by Jimzk5
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Derby, Swindon and Sunderland were all worse.

Derby comfortably so.

I'm not sure. 

The first two in particular lacked any kind of actual quality. But at least they worked hard. They were horrendously shit, but that Swindon side were no pushover. The attitude shown by this team is nothing short of a disgrace to the shirt, I don't think it's fair to say that about either of those sides. 

The Sunderland team maybe, but it's a close call. Unfortunately for me football did actually start in 1992, so I can't see any further. In that time span we are certainly one of the top 5 worst sides I could possibly name, from any division.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Derby, Swindon and Sunderland were all worse.

Derby comfortably so.

I'm not sure. 

The first two in particular lacked any kind of actual quality. But at least they worked hard. They were horrendously shit, but that Swindon side were no pushover. The attitude shown by this team is nothing short of a disgrace to the shirt, I don't think it's fair to say that about either of those sides. 

The Sunderland team maybe, but it's a close call. Unfortunately for me football did actually start in 1992, so I can't see any further. In that time span we are certainly one of the top 5 worst sides I could possibly name, from any division.

I agree about having dropped earlier, think about it one season we beat Chelsea, man city, arsenal away, top 6 soton away. An accumulator on that lot would have got about 200-1 and without those 12 points we would have been dust on about 26 points.

Â