Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

because I dont think you read my post properly, compared to them squads we have a much better resources and squad than either of them. for a start Derby and Sunderland had Kenny Milller, Jon Stead, Emanuel VIlla, Earnshaw and Daryl Murphy up front

Gabby and Ayew even Gestede is much better than them 

Ah, I see what you mean.

I don't agree, I think we're slightly better on paper than those teams, and we'll finish with slightly more points than they finished with. So that's about right. I certainly don't think we have "much better resource". That's absurd.

I also don't agree that those strikers are worse than ours. Ayew isn't a CF so our choice is basically Gabby, Gestede and Kozak. I'd have Kenny Miller over any of those.

Edited by Stevo985

before start of season a lot of people including myself thought we be OK and finish midtable, them teams were always swimming against the tide from the start

the way it is I just want this season to end now and im sure im not the only person at this stage :( 

Agree with the last bit. I'd love it to be next season already.

And like I've said elsewhere, if we were well run I'd actually be looking forward to next season as I think we have enough in our squad WITH some intelligent additions to come back up. But I have no confidence in our higher management to do the right thing

Edit: obviously the presumption that we were well run would mean we wouldn't be going down anyway, but you get what I mean.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

The way our club is currently being run, I don't hold much hope for next season in the Championship so can't even allow myself a small glimmer of hope or an ounce of perverse optimism.

I think we'll go down, lose our manager, retain our board structure and struggle to find a suitable candidate to rebuild our squad.

Whoever the new bloke is will be told to get on with what's left of the squad, as the club will believe the players are 'Premiership' standard and therefore good enough to get us back into the top flight, with the obligatory meagre Lerner transfer budget.

Dark days and Tuesday nights ahead.

The longer Lerner mismanages the club, the less chance he has of selling it (let alone for the price he's seeking) until he pulls the plug entirely after asset-stripping us all the way to league two. Lerner will leave this club with nothing left in the coffers.

• Like 2

If Randy Lerner is still our owner we will be fighting relegation from the Championship the season after next.

I have no doubts about that.

We will continue with the dismantling and downsizing until we are no longer making financial losses. It matters not to him if that is in the PL, Championship or League 2

I think I'll reserve my (more reflected) sentiments about our chances in the Championship when the summer is over and next season has begun. As shite as we are as a team and how angry we are as fans I think we're forgetting that the Championship isn't that great in terms of quality. I think we'd probably end up somewhere on the top end of the lower half of the table with our current squad.

The teams currently below the dreaded line are Rotherham (who's star player goal-wise is Clarke-Harris on 6), Bolton (who were saved by a last-minute court appeal and consortium, are basically broke and plagued by injuries to a set of mediocre players besides Zach Clough and the all-powerful Emile Heskey ^^), and Charlton Athletic (who currently are also organizing protest against their shite owner, even going abroad to do so).   

As utterly turd as we are, and by Zeus we are turd, I don't see us sliding right through the ranks to League 1. I think we'll be able to attract some potentials from that league and fill out the positions that require immediate attention (strikers, CDs, goalie..). I don't think we'll be ransacked by surviving PL teams who'll have seem us work that magic on the pitch this season, so we'll most likely not be in the same scenario as this year with a complete squad overhaul. We might even be surprised by some of our academy players and maybe we're lucky to keep at least some of our players who have shown some potential such as Amavi, Traore and Ayew. I think that if we keep Gana and Veretout they'll be more settled and perform better next year too.

My worries are the same as some of you on here: will we lose out on Garde and have to start over with yet another coach? will Lerner continue to keep the pockets shut tight (most likely)?

I doubt we'll bounce right back and I think we'll have to embrace the risk that we'll be stuck down there for a while, but I don't think we'll witness another complete collapse. Then again, we support the greatest club at proving us wrong in terms of the amount of shit-stains it is humanly possible decorating our walls with.

Onwards the Villa (wherever that may be...)!

What really hurts me is that this is the most mediocre premier league in years.  And we are cut adrift at the bottom of it.  

There has been a real opportunity to break the hegemony of the usual suspects.  Leicester's season is obviously atypical, but looking at Watford, Stoke, West Ham and Southampton and it's heartbreaking what is happening to us.  The financial buffer they'll have finishing in the top half will take them into a different league (literally) to us for years to come.

1 hour ago, rubberman said:

What really hurts me is that this is the most mediocre premier league in years.  And we are cut adrift at the bottom of it.  

There has been a real opportunity to break the hegemony of the usual suspects.  Leicester's season is obviously atypical, but looking at Watford, Stoke, West Ham and Southampton and it's heartbreaking what is happening to us.  The financial buffer they'll have finishing in the top half will take them into a different league (literally) to us for years to come.

Most of those teams have invested very well—especially the ones in the top-half of the table. I don't think that makes it a mediocre league. I think it means that times have changed and thanks to our owner not wanting to invest the necessary finances to compete we've fallen sadly behind where we should be. **** Randy Lerner.  

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

before start of season a lot of people including myself thought we be OK and finish midtable.

You are right and I think most people had more faith in the Villa Park staff than they actually KNEW these players was ok.

Quite honestly, I hadn't got a clue.....but I thought we can't possibly get 13 players wrong.

Well, we have come pretty close.

In the past, I have seen players come in .....but trusted the Villa Park staff, and sure enough my trust was well placed.

NOW.....I wouldn't trust them with a major sum of money to get it right.

PS I'm not trying to me smug, but some were suggesting its the best window we have ever had.:o

before start of season a lot of people including myself thought we be OK and finish midtable.

You are right and I think most people had more faith in the Villa Park staff than they actually KNEW these players was ok.

Quite honestly, I hadn't got a clue.....but I thought we can't possibly get 13 players wrong.

In the past, I have seen players come in .....but trusted the Villa Park staff, and sure enough my trust was well placed.

PS I'm not trying to me smug, but some were suggesting its the best window we have ever had.:o

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

PS I'm not trying to be smug, but some were suggesting its the best window we have ever had.:o

Edited by TRO

Â