Gestede

Ayew

Grealish     Gana    Veretout    Gil

or

Ayew

Veretout

Grealish     Gana    Snachez/Westwood    Gil

With Adama as impact sub.

I'd start him v Stoke tbh as long as he's looked fit enough in training e.g. actually done some sessions.

We need to start taking games to team from the start.

If you look back to when Sherwood came in, the first halves of the home games v WBA, QPR, Everton and West Ham we flew out of the blocks, penned the opposition in and were leading at half time and eventually won 3 of those games.

That's one of the reasons why we simply don't win many home games anymore in seasons, we're so tentative at the start of games, scared to concede the first goal (which we usually do anyway) and which makes it so difficult to come back and win.

I believe starting players like Traore with his pace and power is more likely to put Stoke on the backfoot. If he burns out after an hour so be it. We could be leading and who knows Gil might be let out of the cage...

Gil, Grealish and Traore cannot all be in the same eleven. One of them has to miss out, as for Adama at wing back well that's bloody ridiculous. He has zero interest in defending anything

Once everyone has settled, I'd consider playing all 3 with Gueye and Veretout behind them in a central role.  I see no reason why this cannot happen.

too lightweight, Grealish, Traore and Gil don't defend we would invite too much pressure

I think Gil and Grealish do defend a bit, certainly Gil.

Other teams simply don't have to play 7 more-defensive players.  Why do we?!

We don't, and we're never going to have a good home record while the other 19 teams regard us as pussycats. Make them FEAR the mighty Villa. Let defenders and defensive midfielders defend.

Edited by CrackpotForeigner

Injured again according to Tim.

Balls. I watched that Monaco - Spurs game and I thought he came through unscathed. He must have picked up a knock. 

Huh?

Was just about to ask. What does the spurs have have to do with it?

Ah. It would appear there's another Adama Traore who plays for Monaco

Injured again according to Tim.

Balls. I watched that Monaco - Spurs game and I thought he came through unscathed. He must have picked up a knock. 

Huh?

Was just about to ask. What does the spurs have have to do with it?

I took it as our Adama was watching the game on telly and unfortunately got injured.

Â