Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

Don't agree Veretout looks out of his depth at all.  He should have come on yesterday, probably instead of Gestede for the second substitution.  I say second because at the time of the first (65mins) we were having massive problems down the right side of the defence.  Gil and Bacuna were getting exposed again and again - I've just watched it back. The solution to that was to bring Hutton on as right back and move Bacuna to the middle to play more defensive midfield role.  Those two changes would have helped enormously.

Edited by Gary Thomas

I think we need to stop making up chants and start asking the question as to why a 9m player looks completely out of his depth.

How much of a look have we actually seen? Give the lad a chance.

I'm all for giving him a chance and understand some foreign players need this.

My concern is, can we afford to be giving players chances? We finished 17th last year, one place above relegation. Is it wise to sign players you know will need time to adapt?

My word VT is really a painful place after defeats.

You're saying this as if everybody is overreacting after one defeat.

We lose ALL the time. 

Are we not allowed to moan about poor players and ridiculous manager decisions?

Or do we have to listen to Westwood's passing accuracy stats again to make us all feel better?

My concern is, can we afford to be giving players chances? We finished 17th last year, one place above relegation. Is it wise to sign players you know will need time to adapt?

We have no choice. We signed 12 new players this summer (which we had to do) so it will take time for the team to settle down and play at its best.  

We have no choice. We signed 12 new players this summer (which we had to do) so it will take time for the team to settle down and play at its best.  

Fair enough.

Problem is, they may be settled when we're in the championship.

I think we need to stop making up chants and start asking the question as to why a 9m player looks completely out of his depth.

I'll give him time, but it's time we don't have.

Yeh.......your giving him time alright! Not got a Danny La Rue!

:crylaugh:

It is quite rare to see a team that finished near the relegation zone buy a player for £9m and not use him. Usually managers keep using "their" signings to prove that they are not money wasted. The same can be said about Ayew, makes me worry a bit about the two of them, but I will stay positive about them til at least Christmas. Even though I thought Veretout was embarrassing against Manchester Utd, him trying to kick januzaj and his blatant dive (I forget, was it Veretout that dived ?, or was it Ayew ? )  

Edited by Chicken Field

It's why bringing him on for half an hour to get a taste of a match, and experience what a Premier League win feels like would have been a great part of his development.  By the sounds of things he was influential against Notts County, not every game is against Utd and he will get there if he gets used right.  I still get wound up about those **** substitutions.

Firstly I don't agree that he's not ready. But for the purpose of the post let's pretend that he's not and that a few of them are not. Is that a surprise to some people? Did anyone think to themselves that this side would be flying by mid - September? If they did then I think they were unrealistic. If however they thought the side would take time to gel and they're now in here complaining. Can I ask what has changed and why they're not giving them time (assuming that 5 league games is not 'time')

• Like 4

How much of a look have we actually seen? Give the lad a chance.

No villa89, it's clear that most of our signings this year are massive flops, and we should sell all of them, bar Amavi, for £1m each just to cut our losses and get them off the wage bill.

Lambert out! Everyone out!

• Like 1

It is quite rare to see a team that finished near the relegation zone buy a player for £9m and not use him. Usually managers keep using "their" signings to prove that they are not money wasted. The same can be said about Ayew, makes me worry a bit about the two of them, but I will stay positive about them til at least Christmas. Even though I thought Veretout was embarrassing against Manchester Utd, him trying to kick januzaj and his blatant dive (I forget, was it Veretout that dived ?, or was it Ayew ? )  

That was Ayew. Veretout, I am absolutely convinced will come good. Ayew, I think has the talent to do well; whether that happens is another matter altogether.

• Like 1

Â