Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

I think we need to stop making up chants and start asking the question as to why a 9m player looks completely out of his depth.

How much of a look have we actually seen? Give the lad a chance.

No villa89, it's clear that most of our signings this year are massive flops, and we should sell all of them, bar Amavi, for £1m each just to cut our losses and get them off the wage bill.

Lambert out! Everyone out!

Whilst your sarcasm is clearcut, I'd bite your hand off for 1m for Ayew..

• Like 1

I think we need to stop making up chants and start asking the question as to why a 9m player looks completely out of his depth.

No villa89, it's clear that most of our signings this year are massive flops, and we should sell all of them, bar Amavi, for £1m each just to cut our losses and get them off the wage bill.

That would be very foolish.

Good job you're not in charge of negotiations then. 

Well if I was, Ayew and Gestede wouldnt be at the club, Charlie Austin would be and we'd be a couple of mil better off.

Wait, isn't this the Jordan Veretout thread? 

• Like 2

Well if I was, Ayew and Gestede wouldnt be at the club, Charlie Austin would be and we'd be a couple of mil better off.

Wait, isn't this the Jordan Veretout thread? 

It's the writing off players after 2 games thread!!

• Like 1

Too right. Aston Villa would get a bad deal and some poor bastard would lose a hand.

• Like 1

I think Veretout will be a hit at Villa. Having read articles about him, notably one in the B'ham Mail http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-jordan-veretout-sherwood-10079593 he seems to have his head switched on. I think he is the kind of guy who will train hard and do everything he can to maximise his potential. A bit like James Milner. If he can anywhere near Milner's level I'd be happy.

If Gana is not available I'd play him in the two derbies as part of a three man midfield -  two in central midfield will get overran like Leicester. Anyone who has outshone Paul Pogba should be the first name on the team sheet. 

I think Veretout will be a hit at Villa. Having read articles about him, notably one in the B'ham Mail http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-jordan-veretout-sherwood-10079593 he seems to have his head switched on. I think he is the kind of guy who will train hard and do everything he can to maximise his potential. A bit like James Milner. If he can anywhere near Milner's level I'd be happy.

If Gana is not available I'd play him in the two derbies as part of a three man midfield -  two in central midfield will get overran like Leicester. Anyone who has outshone Paul Pogba should be the first name on the team sheet. 

For me you totally contradict yourself by saying that anyone who outshines paul Pogba should be the first name on sheet yet you'll be happy if he gets anywhere near the level of James milner.

I'd be very sceptical about any 'apparent' claim, he outshone Paul Pogba in an U20 tournament. 

Lesser known players are capable of having a one off better game/tournament than more established players. Diouf/Henry for example in 2002.

He most certainly hasn't outshone him since especially this season

Would it be fair to write him off? No not at all. But, like ayew he cost a substantial amount of money and will earn a fortune from aston villa. He needs to start showing us he's worth it soon , regardless of whether a new born child interferes with the grueling working hours of a pro footballer. Do me a favour.

Edited by Woodytom

For me you totally contradict yourself by saying that anyone who outshines paul Pogba should be the first name on sheet yet you'll be happy if he gets anywhere near the level of James milner.

I'd be very sceptical about any 'apparent' claim, he outshone Paul Pogba in an U20 tournament. 

Lesser known players are capable of having a one off better game/tournament than more established players. Diouf/Henry for example in 2002.

Would it be fair to write him off? No not at all. But, like ayew he cost a substantial amount of money and will earn a fortune from aston villa. He needs to start showing us he's worth it soon , regardless of whether a new born child interferes with the grueling working hours of a pro footballer. Do me a favour.

I think you're reading too much into the offhand Pogba comment which wasn't saying Veretout is better than him in any case.

At the time he outshone Pogba neither of them were at the level of Milner. Pogba has surpassed that level you'd have to say but Veretout hasn't. Wouldn't you be happy if he was near the level of Milner when he was here? One of our best players in the last 10 years easily. I think he has the potential reach that level and I was likening his attitude to Milner's too. 

I don't think £8m is a substantial amount of money in football, sadly. Many players don't immediately "show their worth" either, it's going to take time in a new environment and culture. I think having a child and moving to a new country shakes anyones life up regardless of their career.

Â