Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

Firstly I don't agree that he's not ready. But for the purpose of the post let's pretend that he's not and that a few of them are not. Is that a surprise to some people? Did anyone think to themselves that this side would be flying by mid - September? If they did then I think they were unrealistic. If however they thought the side would take time to gel and they're now in here complaining. Can I ask what has changed and why they're not giving them time (assuming that 5 league games is not 'time')

While I have reservations about several of other new players, I believe Veretout will be a success. As regards the Westwood comparison, Veretout is not afraid to use both feet, he is more attack minded and stronger on the ball. That said I think for now Sherwood still rates Westwood and that Veretout will still struggle to get in the starting lineup. 

I really like this player when i see him play, he is was not up the speed because he need player regular to adjust pace in premiership level. be fair.

it is my view and what i been see thought.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gana-Sanchez-Veretout is very good balanced trio with protection backline, height to presence midfield also we play two of them Grealish and Gil as operator in two free roles behind striker. (adama with option to change game.)

Westwood will good swap Sanchez in Opition if we need play possesion without worry about protection backline which we lack for last few games. I'm rate Westwood, I like him but his defensive and presence is lack what i see, but his pass is superb and make control pace attack in pass.

Westwood is do what he is do. (i think better go chess board if it is make sense in for example) 

if we need move ahead with right player in position to attack westwood he do generate attack with 3 or 4 move ahead.

if he need control pass before get man position to attack so he play safe, like plan 10 - 12 move ahead.

that what westwood did which we didnt see it. if chess board he is bishop piece. which sanchez is like wall piece.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for 2 pair, i will go Gana and Veretout with trio flair (Grealish and Gil, Adama) with striker. (4231) that what i cant wait see all together.

Gana and Veretout is good balance because both is capacity defence or attack also engines player ... one of them go attack other will sit back take turn. or attack to pressure more, even both go for more protection sit back with backline. that why i want both together if we play 2 centre midfield. 

if we play 442, unfortune only one winger we got natural winger - Adama (also he capacity play as free roles) his ability use pace and dribbler, know how play hug line.  (also dribbler past player many time) as Adama did I think Sinchair can do it but he not good as Adama. 

which Gil and Grealish like play come inside rather hug line and go around in box that why they dont idea for winger.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seriously we need stop play Gabby in lone striker I think Sinchair is ideal in there cos he got poacher and better finisher, and quick, drag defence that break throught to goal. when our creative can beat defence by floor pass or low cross, Sinchair often goal there and Gabby not .

hope Rudy come great as i think he is good player if he need mobility more movement rather static that why premiership too easy defence against him.

Awey is good but he need time and he look like lost, but ability is there also sherwood play him winger often which he is not winger, cost the games.. when he is better in striker roles. play him striker regular and do low cross he will bang these as sinchair did.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry if it is off the topic.. 

Should be a regular starter

Looked a decent player when he was actually allowed to use the football will only improve

Westwood Gana Veretout

or

Sanchez Gana Veretout?

The second one, all day.

Anything not to see another Westwood set-piece. 

• Like 1

Pretty anonymous in the first-half I thought but I can't blame him seeing as he was supposed to be spearheading the midfield-three and was completely bypassed by the constant hoofing. In the second the shape was a lot better and he did that box-to-box role very well. Certainly seems to be the only candidate to try and take Gueye's place in midfield during his absence. 

• Like 3

Â