Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

He's massively off the pace of the premier league right now. I don't think we will see the best of him until after Xmas... Going to take time. Aye too who was equally poor last night.

Just need time

It's all going to change anyway when Gealish, Gil and then Traore get involved. We have played 442 so far. That's going to change I think, be more flexible and have more options. We will know more about his ability in the new year

Edited by sturae229

Will probably need the whole season to seattle in, but once he do, he will be a class player for us.

We need him up to speed as soon as possible, end of the season just won't Wash. with me. He's got the potential to be a star though, glad he didn't cost too many bucks.

Not at all worried about him.

You can see he has the ability but he looked absolutely knackered when he went off yesterday. Maybe he'll need a couple of games or maybe even 6 months to get fully used to the tempo of the league. Will be a big player for us.

He's not fit enough in my opinion. It was a bit of a harsh 'welcome' to the PL last night.

Unless you keep up with the pace of the game then you can't show your quality.

That alongside an obvious settling in period means I think we will have to wait to see the best of Veretout. He showed the odd good touch and intelligent pass though, he's got ability.

First impressions are okay.

He looks like Jed Steer

From where we sat everything about him....his build, the way he runs, his movement, reminded us totally of Milner (everything bar the actual ability...but that will come).

Edited by andyh

Not really impressed with him to be honest, should've really been eased into the team.

Sanchez looked much better in his fewer minutes on the field and may have contributed to us getting something from the game had he started instead of Veretout.

He'll probably have a stormer against Palace next game now.

Will be interesting to see the change in opinion then!

Yesterday, what some of you guys need to realise is what he was doing off that ball - he was chasing down anything that went near him. He didn't give Utd a moments rest in the middle of the park, and that's why he was completely faded during the second half.

Added to that, he gave the ball away only once (as far as I can remember) and linked up very well with Gana and Westwood.

• Like 1

Cleverly havent settled until end of last season. Although there could be an arguement about Lambert tactics. But still he had bag of PL experience comparing with this guy. Id also say the play wasnt on our favour most of the game. Without missing the fact hes new. Im more concerd about the other Jordan. Ayew seem to be our new Weimann in being one of the most amusing players in the pitch. Although he had some good tackles but he kills every oppurtunity which amuses me a lot.

I would bench him and Ayew v Palace

In favour of Sanchez and Grealish

I would love to see us give the below a try if all fit:

Guzan

Hutton -- Richards -- Clark -- Amavi

Westwood -- Sanchez or Gana

Traore -- Gil -- Grealish

------ Gestede ------

I chose Hutton as I feel if we play Traore we need more defensive cover down the right.

Edited by VillanousOne

Â