Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

Reminded me of Milner tonight. Started quite deep in the first half but as the game wore on continually drove forward. His passing is probably the most precise in the squad and as the season continues I think people will start to really appreciate this lad. Gives it absolutely everything!! 

• Like 2

Reminded me of Milner tonight. Started quite deep in the first half but as the game wore on continually drove forward. His passing is probably the most precise in the squad and as the season continues I think people will start to really appreciate this lad. Gives it absolutely everything!! 

Delighted to hear this.

He was good but he wasn't close to MOM. Traore, Gil, Grealish and Sanchez were all better.

No way! He didn't put a foot wrong. As I said others will get the plaudits but his performance was solid all round. All those you mentioned played well but thought Veretout was up there although had Traore stayed on I would possibly have been singing a different tune. Hey it's all opinions and in this instance I'm right!!  ;)

• Like 1

He was very good tonight, but I agree with DCJ, not MOTM.

That was Grealish.

Grealish was my choice too but it was a tough call . His Del Piero turn up the left wing at the end swung it for me.

What about Veretout's drag back pass with a megs on the byline at the holte. Sure I saw that and it looked real nasty! Thought Grealish played really well but missed a couple of good chances and the one at the end which Sinclair put on a plate. Also think sometimes he needs to release the ball faster to be honest. Good performance though and will get sharper.

impressed with his fitness levels, it was only a week and a bit ago he was knackered after 20 minutes against man u. tonight he was still going strong in the final minute.

hes got a bit more pace than i first thought, and i liked how he kept looking to make a driving runs with the ball through the middle.

• Like 1

a bit of the Milners about him? high praise indeed. Sounds good. good. sound.

I was thinking it while i was at the game, but didn't want to mention it because i thought people would just slate me for it. He has a lot of energy just like Milner.

• Like 1

a bit of the Milners about him? high praise indeed. Sounds good. good. sound.

I was thinking it while i was at the game, but didn't want to mention it because i thought people would just slate me for it. He has a lot of energy just like Milner.

well you're the third. I'm not that big a believer in cooincidence :)

Definitely got stronger as the game went on and more than a hint of Milner about him. Will only get better.

I actually came to the thread to say he reminded me a bit of Milner tonight, seems I'm not alone. I'd even say he looks a bit more composed/classy on the ball than Milner

Â