Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

14 hours ago, Michael118 said:

He's our best player by a distance in my opinion. It's baffling to me why we would want to sell him to raise funds.

Based on what exactly?

He's our best player by a distance in my opinion. It's baffling to me why we would want to sell him to raise funds.

It's your opinion that is baffling, not that we are trying to offload him. 

• Like 1

This.

:trollface:

• Like 4

I honestly thought that he had the potential to go on and play for one of the top sides in Europe (eg Real Madrid), but the knee injury has robbed him of that extra yard of pace meaning his questionable positioning now gets punished. A real shame for him, but that's what these injuries do.

Edited by Woody1000
  • Like 1

On 7/25/2017 at 06:44, Michael118 said:

He's our best player by a distance in my opinion.

What's he done recently to overtake Bacuna, who you said was our best player not long ago?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Woody1000 said:

I honestly thought that he had the potential to go on and play for one of the top sides in Europe (eg Real Madrid), but the knee injury has robbed him of that extra yard of pace meaning his questionable positioning now gets punished. A real shame for him, but that's what these injuries do.

The first year after injury is always hard but he's still fast very good in the air and you can coach positioning. Id be amazed now that we've got Terry, Bruce and Calderwood they can't coach him positioning. 

• Like 2

'Best player' is a ridiculous title anyway; is Kodjia our best goalkeeper? Or do you mean best in his position? Or best quality for that position out of all the players in their own positions? Anyway getting Off Topic.

I think Amavi is in a different department than the likes of Hutton or Veretout who get the same 'couldn't care less if they leave' treatment. Hutton has his limitations, Veretout didn't even show five minutes worth of quality for Villa but Amavi has shown some real skill in a Villa shirt and has had one season back from a very serious injury. I would be very disappointed should he leave as I think there is still a chance he could be a truly world class player, probably as more of a left winger than a defender however.

No, he's not there yet and is a long way off but I think we'll know the answer to if he can reach those standards at the end of the coming season and if the injury is going to permanently prevent him from reaching what he was capable of. But now he's had a full preseason, in a settled club I still think he can be a massive asset to our team.

• Like 4

On 7/26/2017 at 11:51, jackbauer24 said:

'Best player' is a ridiculous title anyway; is Kodjia our best goalkeeper? Or do you mean best in his position? Or best quality for that position out of all the players in their own positions? Anyway getting Off Topic.

I think Amavi is in a different department than the likes of Hutton or Veretout who get the same 'couldn't care less if they leave' treatment. Hutton has his limitations, Veretout didn't even show five minutes worth of quality for Villa but Amavi has shown some real skill in a Villa shirt and has had one season back from a very serious injury. I would be very disappointed should he leave as I think there is still a chance he could be a truly world class player, probably as more of a left winger than a defender however.

No, he's not there yet and is a long way off but I think we'll know the answer to if he can reach those standards at the end of the coming season and if the injury is going to permanently prevent him from reaching what he was capable of. But now he's had a full preseason, in a settled club I still think he can be a massive asset to our team.

You may be right about his injury.....Its uncertain how it affects players.....but we have a mission to get promotion and we mustn't let anything stand in the way of that, including sentiment.

However, last season I seen him play he lets his opponent around the back of him far too easily, I don't expect every player to be like Norman Hunter, but he does not get close enough to his opponent, Taylor does........I am not sure how we can expect to get promotion and  reconcile that.

If he stays with us lets hope he can be more effective.

Edited by TRO

https://7500toholte.sbnation.com/aston-villa-transfer-news-rumors/2017/8/1/16074596/jordan-amavi-transfer-aston-villa-sevilla-monaco

Monaco sound out Jordan Amavi for potential move

Jordan Amavi might be on the move after all!

by James Rushton@Jamorushton Aug 1, 2017, 11:46am BST
813488744.0.jpgPhoto by Malcolm Couzens/Getty Images

Despite a failed move to Sevilla and featuring heavily during Aston Villa’s pre-season thus far, it seems that Jordan Amavi is still very much on the road out of Aston Villa. While the Spanish team fell out of favour with Villa over a dodgy medical, it seems that the young French left wing-back has another suitor.

According to Telefoot journalist, Julien Maynard, it would seem that European hotshots Monaco are after Amavi.

sl7UeHPb_normal.jpg Julien Maynard

@JulienMaynard

Après échec transfert Seville, J. Amavi poursuit sa prépa à Aston Villa. Contacts avec Monaco et autres clubs. Rien de concret pour l'heure.

Now, as Maynard says - there’s nothing concrete, but it is interesting to see that Amavi is being looked at by a number of clubs.

We expect Amavi to stay at Villa until the end of the window. Amavi is a good player, but he’s also perfect ‘panic buy’ material and is set to be a deadline-day signing for a European club. It might not be Monaco, it certainly won’t be Sevilla. That being said, don’t be too surprised if Amavi is still with Villa by January.

Â