Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

54 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

If big money was offered this summer I'd happily sell I think.

With De Laet back and probably going to be more used at LB I Think we'll see anyway to balance our books.

Let go of him Veretout, Sanchez and Gil and that should be 20m and 100k off the wage bill straight off.

3 hours ago, carewjust4u said:

He was quality before the horrific injury and it's only a matter of time before he returns to that form, people need to see the long term picture...he's still a young prospect ffs.

How many games was that though ? - under 10 I think.

My recollection was that his first 4 or 5 games were good. His form dipped then he got injured. The bigger picture to me is that he inconsistent. Young prospect you say  (23) ? - this is the championship - at 23 years of age he isn't cutting against teams mostly assembled on peanuts ? Andre Green is showing more - and he's still a teenager.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

How many games was that though ? - under 10 I think.

My recollection was that his first 4 or 5 games were good. His form dipped then he got injured. The bigger picture to me is that he inconsistent. Young prospect you say  (23) ? - this is the championship - at 23 years of age he isn't cutting against teams mostly assembled on peanuts ? Andre Green is showing more - and he's still a teenager.

He was very good in France aswell, which is a higher level than the championship? Look at Luke Shaw and Aaron Ramsey after they had similar injuries, they were poor in form the following season. He's still got 3 years untill he hits the peak of his career, wanting to sell him at a time when we don't need any extra cash is just absurd.

2 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

He was very good in France aswell, which is a higher level than the championship? Look at Luke Shaw and Aaron Ramsey after they had similar injuries, they were poor in form the following season. He's still got 3 years untill he hits the peak of his career, wanting to sell him at a time when we don't need any extra cash is just absurd.

Is he currently playing well or not ? - Im guessing you agree he isn't

Do we have options in the positions he plays ? - Taylor, De Laet  at FB - Green in Midfield. (Indeed Green must be close to getting the nod over him in midfield) 

So in all probability he is (at best) 2nd choice in both positions of a championship side. If a decent bid comes in Id shift him on, rather than wait for his form from France to kick in in the English championship, which is by no means a given. 

I think he is done here to be honest.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Do we have options in the positions he plays ? - Taylor, De Laet  at FB - Green in Midfield. (Indeed Green must be close to getting the nod over him in midfield) 

So in all probability he is (at best) 2nd choice in both positions of a championship side. If a decent bid comes in Id shift him on, rather than wait for his form from France to kick in in the English championship, which is by no means a given. 

Disagree.

Having a good back up in each position is exactly what is needed. It should up to Green to win his place back. Thus making both players try harder to either retain of win the place in the first XI.

As Amazi can play either left wing or back makes him more of an asset.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Isn't Ritchie right footed? Sell Amavi and we would need to play a right footer at left back if Taylor picked up an injury (which is likely with our full back curse). I do agree with you that he's not in the form of your career, but I've seen plenty to know hes got the the ability to be a great player. My point is the attitude of "he's playing kack ship him off" is very short sighted, what would we gain by selling him on?

17 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

I agree. See Alan Hutton as to how you should react when a player comes in who plays in your position. You continue to work hard and do everything you can to keep your place and make it as tough a decision as possible for the manager.

Agreed. I have zero tolerance for people who don't put a shift in. They're paid ridiculous wages, the least they can do is look as though give a shit for 90 or 180 minutes a week.

This mini rant isn't aimed solely at Amavi, but any player who does the same. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, carewjust4u said:

Isn't Ritchie right footed? Sell Amavi and we would need to play a right footer at left back if Taylor picked up an injury (which is likely with our full back curse). I do agree with you that he's not in the form of your career, but I've seen plenty to know hes got the the ability to be a great player. My point is the attitude of "he's playing kack ship him off" is very short sighted, what would we gain by selling him on?

So we keep him as a fringe player and let his contract tick down ?  on the hope he becomes good enough to play in the championship ?

I d take the money for him to be honest. 

10 minutes ago, hippo said:

So we keep him as a fringe player and let his contract tick down ?  on the hope he becomes good enough to play in the championship ?

I d take the money for him to be honest. 

If he doesn't fulfill his potential then you'll be completely right, I just don't think we need the cash whilst we are being bankrolled....I guess it's all just a game of risk-taking. On a slightly different note, do you think we should sell Super Jack? Just as he's in a similar situation. 

8 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

If he doesn't fulfill his potential then you'll be completely right, I just don't think we need the cash whilst we are being bankrolled....I guess it's all just a game of risk-taking. On a slightly different note, do you think we should sell Super Jack? Just as he's in a similar situation. 

Yes.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, carewjust4u said:

"Super Jack".....there's a euphemism if I ever heard one.:)

8 hours ago, Xela said:

Agreed. I have zero tolerance for people who don't put a shift in. They're paid ridiculous wages, the least they can do is look as though give a shit for 90 or 180 minutes a week.

This mini rant isn't aimed solely at Amavi, but any player who does the same. 

Exactly, if I slacked off for a third of my shift not only would I get a rollicking but also I would be putting pressure on all my colleagues, and there would be a lot of unhappy customers. Oh, and I get paid f all to do my job. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, carewjust4u said:

We need to go up next season or cuts will need to be made.

So for me, if someone is offering a large amount of money for Amavi this summer I would take it. Because I think it could be invested in a player or players that could have more impact on our fortunes than Amavi managed this season or is likely to next season.

To me, if someone offers circa £20m for him then it's just good football sense to sell him and use the money to improve. Because in my view he isn't a £20m player.

Add to that the question marks that are still against him following his injury and I think it would be crazy not to sell him.

He hasn't even been the best LB at the club in the last few weeks let alone in the league.

So yes if someone offers big money I'd take their hand off.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

We need to go up next season or cuts will need to be made.

So for me, if someone is offering a large amount of money for Amavi this summer I would take it. Because I think it could be invested in a player or players that could have more impact on our fortunes than Amavi managed this season or is likely to next season.

To me, if someone offers circa £20m for him then it's just good football sense to sell him and use the money to improve. Because in my view he isn't a £20m player.

Add to that the question marks that are still against him following his injury and I think it would be crazy not to sell him.

He hasn't even been the best LB at the club in the last few weeks let alone in the league.

So yes if someone offers big money I'd take their hand off.

Do you think anyone would offer big money?

If we forget the 25 mill offer, I can't think of a reason why anyone would offer anywhere near 20 mill. He has some promise, but that's quite a price to pay for it.

Edited by AVTuco

Objectively he is not even worth what we paid for him as he has gone backwards, he's playing in the second tier of English football and doing absolutely nothing to distinguish himself as one of the better plays at this level. 

If we get a bid of £8m-£10m we should sell him, because he doesn't offer even that value to us. That money could be spent on a much more effective player at this level who will go straight into our first team and perform. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Can you elaborate?

Doesn't get stuck in..........timid in contact.............weak in combat.allows the opposition to get the better of him much too easily.

horrible trait.

just the very opposite of Jedinak.

I think he's being harshly judged - we have a player here who has been willing to play out of position and has shown improvement in that position whilst covering it - he's been left winger in a team that have been winning, and in the last couple of weeks he's shown a new willingness to get into goalscoring positions - he's developing as a winger which I think shows a player that learns from coaches and is still improving - his attitude is good and he's a willing worker - I think sometimes people want to judge a players attitude by his haircut. 

Now all of that doesn't mean he's likely to turn into a world beating left winger any time soon, it's not what he's good at and as if to prove the point, whenever he's got into those goalscoring positions he's been rubbish - but it will improve him as a full back I think in the long term.

For me, we need to score more goals, we need to play better football and we need to have more option going forwards - personally I think he's got the ability to be our starting left back next season - and I think he gives us more in the position than the very solid but not constructive Taylor. He'll need to work on his defensive position to satisfy a manager who is naturally conservative, but I think he can do that. If we want attacking play from our fullbacks, then Amavi should be starting.

If not, then he'll either be our back up left back or we'll have to buy one - I don't think De Laet can play left back and I don't want to see Baker there ever again.

• Like 2

Â