Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think he's being harshly judged - we have a player here who has been willing to play out of position and has shown improvement in that position whilst covering it - he's been left winger in a team that have been winning, and in the last couple of weeks he's shown a new willingness to get into goalscoring positions - he's developing as a winger which I think shows a player that learns from coaches and is still improving - his attitude is good and he's a willing worker - I think sometimes people want to judge a players attitude by his haircut. 

Now all of that doesn't mean he's likely to turn into a world beating left winger any time soon, it's not what he's good at and as if to prove the point, whenever he's got into those goalscoring positions he's been rubbish - but it will improve him as a full back I think in the long term.

For me, we need to score more goals, we need to play better football and we need to have more option going forwards - personally I think he's got the ability to be our starting left back next season - and I think he gives us more in the position than the very solid but not constructive Taylor. He'll need to work on his defensive position to satisfy a manager who is naturally conservative, but I think he can do that. If we want attacking play from our fullbacks, then Amavi should be starting.

If not, then he'll either be our back up left back or we'll have to buy one - I don't think De Laet can play left back and I don't want to see Baker there ever again.

It was often suggested when Amavi was playing full back, that his defensive lapses meant he would actually be better in a midfield role. Very early in his VP career he did put in some decent crosses. Now he has that position its suggested that actually he would be better at full back, with the very big provisio that he improves the defensive side of his game.

He gives the ball away far to cheaply, which makes him a liability in either position but especially full back. I would also take issue you comments about his attitude and being a willing worker. Hutton and Baker are players whose attitude bursts through and their determination is plain to see. I will be kind and say Amavi - not so much. 

8 hours ago, TRO said:

Doesn't get stuck in..........timid in contact.............weak in combat.allows the opposition to get the better of him much too easily.

horrible trait.

just the very opposite of Jedinak.

I think it's worth remembering that he had a bad injury and is still probably suffering psychologically from that. In his first games for us before his injury, he was amazing 

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

20 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think it's worth remembering that he had a bad injury and is still probably suffering psychologically from that. In his first games for us before his injury, he was amazing 

How long can he dine out on those first few games for us though ?

40 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Could be.:)

• Like 1

I'd sell him if a decent offer came in for him. Anything around 10m and it would be a good bit of business.

Injury or not, he's been woeful all season. Shame, because I thought he was a top player at the end of last season. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think we should just be patient with him, he probably still isn't even fully fit yet

How do you arrive at that conclusion. He was injured at the start of the 15/16 season. He was available for selection and indeed was selected in August 2016 - its now April 2017 - He has therefore in and around the first team squad and presumably training with them for the last 8 months - its closing in on 2 years since his Injury, now granted it was a bad one. But I can't believe he isn't fully fit.

• Like 1

He's not that bad though, is he?  I mean, he's not brilliant and hasn't kicked on as we'd have hoped...

...but he's decent enough and can cover pretty much every single position on the left.  I wouldn't be rushing to sell him - only if a silly bid came in.

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He's not that bad though, is he?  I mean, he's not brilliant and hasn't kicked on as we'd have hoped...

...but he's decent enough and can cover pretty much every single position on the left.  I wouldn't be rushing to sell him - only if a silly bid came in.

I suppose you are always looking to replace the weaker players in any team - and at the moment , after Sam Johnstone Id say he's one our weaker players. Indeed he has 18 year old Andre Green breathing down his neck for that wide slot. 

For some reason, despite his poor for his value has held up well . I think his current value maybe around £9m if such an offer came in we would be mad not to take it.

One of the worst I individual displays I've seen for Villa, considering the division. 

No surprise our good run coincided with him not playing left back. Stick him in the reserves until he's gone. Dreadful player. 

• Like 3

Shocking performance. Said it before but he is so mentally weak. Early mistake means he is dogshit for the game. If I was the opposition, I'd give  him an early kick knowing he wouldn't be interested 

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 1

Â