Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

27 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Elphick and Chester will have their work cut out for them with De Laet and Amavi bombing forward any chance they can get. I can see us getting caught on counters. 

Might sound crazee but I'd go with Aly for now, he's been super solid. I think Amavi is useful off the bench, with the versatility to play anywhere up the left flank. Eventually though incorporating Amavi in to the side, provides he deserves it. He looked way off the pace defensively against Luton (that back four though :rolleyes:)

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Elphick and Chester will have their work cut out for them with De Laet and Amavi bombing forward any chance they can get. I can see us getting caught on counters. 

I guess that Jedinak would drop deep to make a back 3 in those situations.  Amavi going forward is an exciting prospect :D

Wouldn't disagree - he needs to earn his place back, but I do see Amavi as the number 1. 

Amavi and De Laet together will give us a lot more of an attacking threat with a lot more pace on both flanks -

Edited by Gary Thomas

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

If we start finishing teams off in the first half we won't have to worry about that.

• Like 1

We will come across weaker teams who will probably sit back and defend at Villa Park. In those cases we may need to go for a more attacking line-up to win 3 points in the push for promotion. It's a risk but we won't get out of the Championship with a load of 0-0 draws.

2 hours ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Might sound crazee but I'd go with Aly for now, he's been super solid. I think Amavi is useful off the bench, with the versatility to play anywhere up the left flank. Eventually though incorporating Amavi in to the side, provides he deserves it. He looked way off the pace defensively against Luton (that back four though :rolleyes:)

100% this.

Whether it is the difference in quality in the two divisions or something entirely different, Aly has been very good in those first 4 games.  It is certainly his place to lose and that is the way it should be.

Amavi was never the finished article defending last season and we shouldn't lose sight of this.  The same mistake was made with Lowton who looked good going forward but got found out defending.  At this moment in time, my faith and trust is in Aly

5 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Jedinak should in theory help protect Elphick & Chester.

On 8/23/2016 at 21:47, VillaChris said:

Given the lack of wide players in the squad and seeming reluctance to actually sign any...I wonder if RDM has left midfield in mind for Jordan when he's fully fit?

He seemed to have played that role vs derby

59 minutes ago, KSV said:

didnt realise he had so many assists last season. I thought he got injured after 2-3 games? Cant wait to see him in full flight again

He got injured after Garde's first game.  Played in the draw against Man City.

Â