Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

Very impressed with him, I always thought Cleverly had an excellent work rate but he really looked like he was working his arse off.

Gueye seems to glide around the pitch and looks to have very good acceleration over that first 5 yards which is a real advantage in that area of the pitch.

This guy is basically Fibian and Cleverley combined but better as well. High work rate, tends to keep possession well, good burst of pace, great ball control, solid and precise tackler. Needs to score goals, which seems to be the only thing lacking so far but he's not afraid to take a shot or two, either.

Out of all our signings this summer, I think Gueye is going to be the biggest success.

His style of play seems suited to the Premier League and I think he'll adapt really quickly.

• Like 1

Talk all you want about sloppy defending I do believe had he still been on the pitch we'd have won comfortably. Teams can't do anything if we're winning every battle in midfield so yes it's doom and gloom at the back but I still stand by a solid midfield reducing the need for an all-star defensive unit.. 

• Like 1

He was brilliant today, ran the show in the first half. I think he's going to be a very important player for us and hopefully him, Westwood and Vertout all develop a good understanding between each other.

I know it can seem like it's just sour grapes, and it's very early days indeed, but I actually think he could well be better than Delph and this is the first time I've actually been comfortable with our centre midfield options for a long time now.

• Like 2

Â