Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

Brilliant debut. I'm excited about the prospect of Gueye, Sanchez & Gil in the middle.

I don't think Gil will be playing in the middle, surely he'd be a bit further up the pitch?

He'll be playing in the hole.

I've been giving a lot of thought as to how we'd be lining up this season. The Ayew signing/potential signing has thrown a bit of a spanner in the works because at the money quoted, you would expect him to be in the starting 11 if the deal goes through.

Would we continue with the Lambert 4-3-3? Meaning Gueye would be like for like for either Delph or Cleverley? Or would it be a 4-2-3-1 with a player in the (ahem) "hole"?

From my initial impression of Gueye, he needs to be able to play box to box in the Lambert style formation.

Is there a chance of playing traditional 4-4-2? with Ayew and Adebayor up front? I'd be surprised if we do.

For me, Gueye definitely needs the freedom to play box to box, meaning we'd play with one striker (Adebayor?) and a wide 2 from Ayew/Sinclair/Grealish/Gabby. This would leave a central trio of Gueye and 2 others.

I think with a number 10 type player, we'd still have 2 wide men but wonder if the central 2 midfielders wouldn have the licence to get forward as much. This would also mean converting Ayew from a striker to a more traditional winger-Can't see it happening.

The way I see it shaping up

Guzan

Bacuna/Hutton/new RB

Richards

Clark

Amavi

Gueye

Sanchez

New CM

Grealish

Gil

Ayew

Adebayor

Just can't see that happening.

• Like 1

I'm not sure Ayew is coming in and playing as a wide forward. He seemed to be an out and out striker last season so it would seem strange to spend a load of cash on him to play him in a different way.

The way I see it shaping up

Guzan

Bacuna/Hutton/new RB

Richards

Clark

Amavi

Gueye

Sanchez

New CM

Grealish

Gil

Ayew

Adebayor

Just can't see that happening.

Woops supposed to read Ayew/Adebayor

I'm not sure Ayew is coming in and playing as a wide forward. He seemed to be an out and out striker last season so it would seem strange to spend a load of cash on him to play him in a different way.

I don't know anything about him. I base my thoughts on

1. Wilkins said he remained hopeful that Adebayor was signing

2. For around £12million, you would expect a player to start.

This leaves the option of playing with 2 out and out strikers or pushing Ayew out wide as per Gabby

I don't know anything about him. I base my thoughts on

1. Wilkins said he remained hopeful that Adebayor was signing

2. For around £12million, you would expect a player to start.

This leaves the option of playing with 2 out and out strikers or pushing Ayew out wide as per Gabby

Or Adebayor being the back up?

You can never bet on all your transfers landing properly from day one, but thats a really interesting lineup and i am so excited to see how it works.

Nice to have options too. Ayew can play wide or upfront. Gil can play in hole or wide. Etc.

So we're potentially looking at:

Guzan

Hutton

Richards

Clark

Amavi

Sanchez/Westwood

Gueye

Gil

Veretout

Grealish

Ayew/Adebayor

Looks good, but I doubt Veretout would be playing as a trequartista/AM, He'd be closer to Sanchez/Westwood and Gueye. As an 11 though it's not bad is it? I mean it doesn't look like a relegation battle 11 if Sherwood can get them playing?

Â