Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

Very impressed today. Bags of energy, bite in the tackle, Fibian who?

One thing I would say though...if people have heart attacks when Sanchez is in possession well this guy isn't afraid to hang onto the ball even when opposition player is right on him so we'll see how that works at premier league level.

can't wait to see him play, can someone go into a bit more detail as to how he played today?

He was brilliant!It was only Walsall I understand but he was box to box,wasnt scared to put a tackle in and he wasnt scared to shoot.

A few around me was saying exactly the same he could well be better than Delph,like I said yea it was only a friendly against Walsall but he was fantastic!

• Like 1

Shouldn't it be pronounced Gway?

I'm 95% sure it should be more like a shortened version of "Gway-yeah" but nobody believes me (possibly because I have, on occasion, been known to spread misinformation due to being wrong :))

Edited by CrackpotForeigner

I'm 95% sure it should be more like a shortened version of "Gway-yeah" but nobody believes me (possibly because I have, on occasion, been known to spread misinformation due to being wrong :))

I was wrong once too.....but then it emerged I was right all along. ;)

• Like 2

Impressive today. Very similar to Delph. Not as good a dribbler as Delph but probably a bit more robust.

Dribbling is largely what made Delph look so good. I would much prefer a player far better in other aspects of his game and while it's early days I like what I see from Gueye.

• Like 1

I was wrong once too.....but then it emerged I was right all along. ;)

No you weren't. 

can't wait to see him play, can someone go into a bit more detail as to how he played today?

He was brilliant!It was only Walsall I understand but he was box to box,wasnt scared to put a tackle in and he wasnt scared to shoot.

A few around me was saying exactly the same he could well be better than Delph,like I said yea it was only a friendly against Walsall but he was fantastic!

thanks

Â