Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

It wasn't universal derision by any stretch - it seemed to be by the same people; the ones who don't understand what CMs do.

What a pathetic comment. People are allowed an opinion you know, it doesn't mean that they don't know what a cm does.

It wasn't universal derision by any stretch - it seemed to be by the same people; the ones who don't understand what CMs do.

What a pathetic comment. People are allowed an opinion you know, it doesn't mean that they don't know what a cm does.

'People are allowed an opinion' is possibly the most redundant thing you could possibly say and a tiresome cliche to boot. I didn't say that they aren't allowed their opinion - I basically said that their opinions were wrong. That's my opinion, which surely I'm allowed to have, right?

• Like 1

This lad has got Holte End Hero written all over him, we do love a good cm at Villa Park.

Do we? I seem to remember Barry and Petrov getting a lot of stick for passing 'soidewayyyys'.

lol... Petrov was slated by a lot of fans by being a "crab" with no stamina or pace before the discovery of his leukemia. I don't remember Barry getting a lot of stick at CM, but he certainly got a quite a bit on the left and in defense.

Petrov critism always erked me, he was always doing the shit jobs that needed doing and was absolutely instrumental to the team performance. Never quite getting the recognition deserved, until he was absent from the team and his lack of presence could be felt.

• Like 1

This lad has got Holte End Hero written all over him, we do love a good cm at Villa Park.

Do we? I seem to remember Barry and Petrov getting a lot of stick for passing 'soidewayyyys'.

lol... Petrov was slated by a lot of fans by being a "crab" with no stamina or pace before the discovery of his leukemia. I don't remember Barry getting a lot of stick at CM, but he certainly got a quite a bit on the left and in defense.

Petrov critism always erked me, he was always doing the shit jobs that needed doing and was absolutely instrumental to the team performance. Never quite getting the recognition deserved, until he was absent from the team and his lack of presence could be felt.

Agreed to an extent, but I've never seen a midfielder need to take more touches before losing the ball in a holding role.

His leadership and positioning was superb, without question, but he got boosted up to a level of "fantastic" following his diagnosis, which was just wrong.

It's an unrewarding position in terms of fan feedback.

I think we still see that now.

• Like 1

Agreed to an extent, but I've never seen a midfielder need to take more touches before losing the ball in a holding role.

His leadership and positioning was superb, without question, but he got boosted up to a level of "fantastic" following his diagnosis, which was just wrong.

Maybe not 'fantastic', but definitely 'very important'. We wouldn't have been anywhere near as dire as we were if he hadn't fallen ill. 

Â