PauloBarnesi

38 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Maybe, but think the Met have already said they’re not going to investigate, West Ham have said they’re dealing with it internally. 
I hope you’re right as I very much doubt it’s an isolated incident and is a red flag for other aggressive behaviours but we’ll see, West Ham have the chance to take the moral high ground but at a massive financial cost to themselves.

could even be as simple as david moyes saying "he'll never be selected for a matchday squad as long as i'm in charge"

the met not dealing with it probably puts them in a pickle in terms of not being able to rip his contract up and claim on the insurance

Disgusting human being. I stupidly looked on Twitter and apparently if you eat meat you aren’t allowed an opinion and there is a percentage saying there is only outrage because he is black 🤦‍♂️

2 minutes ago, jim said:

I stupidly looked on Twitter and apparently if you eat meat you aren’t allowed an opinion 

I can kinda understand why some hold this opinion. It's not something I agree with but I understand where they are coming from. 

Just now, PieFacE said:

I can kinda understand why some hold this opinion. It's not something I agree with but I understand where they are coming from. 

my mrs is vegan and i get this a lot. to them if you eat meat/dairy you are no better than any animal abuser. i disagree, but that's their stance on the matter

There's some nuance to it. Beating a helpless animal is of course abhorrent and you can speak out about that regardless of your other actions/beliefs.

I did get into a discussion last night with someone who went further and said it was disgusting that in this country, you can even kill defenceless animals and the police aren't interested, but thought I was being unreasonable pointing out the millions of chickens that get eaten every day.

Most people are so far removed from what happens to the foodchain, it's out of sight out of mind, but I understand people think there's "humane" killing that's somehow better than causing fear and minor injuries. Bit baffling to me, I think they're both wrong in different ways. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

There's some nuance to it. Beating a helpless animal is of course abhorrent and you can speak out about that regardless of your other actions/beliefs.

I did get into a discussion last night with someone who went further and said it was disgusting that in this country, you can even kill defenceless animals and the police aren't interested, but thought I was being unreasonable pointing out the millions of chickens that get eaten every day.

Most people are so far removed from what happens to the foodchain, it's out of sight out of mind, but I understand people think there's "humane" killing that's somehow better than causing fear and minor injuries. Bit baffling to me, I think they're both wrong in different ways. 

You could also make a moral argument that monocrop agriculture is a bad thing to pursue and damaging to animals and wider environment. Want a soya burger? You ain't a saint. 

But that's beyond the point.

I just watched the video, the guy is done. Off he goes. 

14 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

my mrs is vegan and i get this a lot. to them if you eat meat/dairy you are no better than any animal abuser. i disagree, but that's their stance on the matter

It’s about participation - like the active indifference to suffering is enacted directly to an animal for amusement. The RSPCA should ban him from having pets. If he’s willing to do this his “beloved family pets” it makes you wonder about other things. 

3 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

You could also make a moral argument that monocrop agriculture is a bad thing to pursue and damaging to animals and wider environment. Want a soya burger? You ain't a saint. 

But that's beyond the point.

I just watched the video, the guy is done. Off he goes. 

Somewhere in off topic, there's a thread about veganism in which I'd be happy to talk about it more without derailing this thread with my soapbox ;) 

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

If he’s willing to do this his “beloved family pets” it makes you wonder about other things. 

Agreed, it's a known predicator to violence against humans. I'd be very concerned about his spouse/kids.

5 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

It's certainly damaging to animals and the environment. But it's far far less damaging than eating animals. It's about necessity. We have to eat something, and there's no way we can practically do that without causing some environmental harm. But that's not an excuse to allow all harm.

But as @Davkaus says, there's a thread in off topic for this :) 

i think you'll be surprised. everyone is absolutely raging about this...on par with a certain man utd player recently

The video isn't great, and shows him to be a nasty person.  But it's nowhere near the same level as the video released of a certain Man Utd player.

It won't make any difference to his football contract. The media and Twitter will over-react, but when it comes down to the actual repercussions, he might get dropped for 1 match.

Maybe a 2 week fine donated to an animal charity.

Edited by ender4
added in original quote for clarity

2 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Maybe, but think the Met have already said they’re not going to investigate, West Ham have said they’re dealing with it internally. 
I hope you’re right as I very much doubt it’s an isolated incident and is a red flag for other aggressive behaviours but we’ll see, West Ham have the chance to take the moral high ground but at a massive financial cost to themselves.

There’s a phrase I never thought I’d read.

Very little chance of that happening with the dildo brothers

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

I can kinda understand why some hold this opinion. 

To be honest I can't. There's this thing called a food chain and we fought tooth and nail to get to the top. We won. Bacon is our reward. 

• Haha 4

Â