PauloBarnesi

5 minutes ago, villa89 said:

To be honest I can't. There's this thing called a food chain and we fought tooth and nail to get to the top. We won. Bacon is our reward. 

There's also things called intelligence and empathy which we're very capable of that allows us to think beyond the food chain that we once needed to survive. Those days are long gone. Probably for the Vegan thread tho :D 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

In addition to the Met, the RSPCA can both investigate and bring prosecutions for offences around animal cruelty, so there is still some legal jeopardy here.

The RSPCA are investigating but can’t say too much right now for legal reasons. Something at least. 

• Like 2

If he had 6 months left on his contract and was at best a squaddie, he'd be terminated. As a big, well paid star, he'll only miss a couple of matches, receive a "hefty" fine and lose possession of the cats. 

I really hope that this idiot is prosecuted for this. Animal cruelty is absolutely abhorent, it’s disgusting. I won’t watch the video but to read that his child is there while this is happening, and the fact it was filmed and shared online, just shows the complete stupidity of this fool.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

The video isn't great, and shows him to be a nasty person.  But it's nowhere near the same level as the video released of a certain Man Utd player.

It won't make any difference to his football contract. The media and Twitter will over-react, but when it comes down to the actual repercussions, he might get dropped for 1 match.

Maybe a 2 week fine donated to an animal charity.

One of the strangest posts I’ve ever read on here. No one at any stage has compared the two to each other, so why you’ve felt the need to do this I don’t know. Someone gets their house burgled but another gets shot in the face and dies so that trumps the other one into not being important? Then to top it off you claim people will over react to animal abuse? If I’ve missed summat I’ll apologise but as I’ve read it your post is utter **** nonsense. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

One of the strangest posts I’ve ever read on here. No one at any stage has compared the two to each other, so why you’ve felt the need to do this I don’t know. Someone gets their house burgled but another gets shot in the face and dies so that trumps the other one into not being important? Then to top it off you claim people will over react to animal abuse? If I’ve missed summat I’ll apologise but as I’ve read it your post is utter **** nonsense. 

Might be referring to this post mate:

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

i think you'll be surprised. everyone is absolutely raging about this...on par with a certain man utd player recently

when stuff like this happens i do pop onto the team in question's forum to see what their fans are saying. a very large number of west ham fans want his contract torn up with many saying they wont go to any games for as long as he's still there

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Might be referring to this post mate:

I’m sorry but I’ve re read it again and again and I can’t read it in any other way than saying it’s not as bad as the other thing (of course it isn’t but its still a serious crime in its own right and should have necessary consequences, we shouldn’t be too trumping this) and that people on social media are over reacting (they aren’t). I’m more than willing to have it explained in idiot terms as I’m clearly missing the link between tomav’s post and Enders. 

Edited by Ingram85

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

The video isn't great, and shows him to be a nasty person.  But it's nowhere near the same level as the video released of a certain Man Utd player.

It won't make any difference to his football contract. The media and Twitter will over-react, but when it comes down to the actual repercussions, he might get dropped for 1 match.

Maybe a 2 week fine donated to an animal charity.

in terms of the furore around the incidents, the two are definitely comparable. they are scumbags of equal proportions, IMO

but the fact that you believe it's "nowhere near the same level" and that people have "over-reacted" i guess shows your stance on the matter. your view is not shared by many, from what i've seen

• Like 1

Just now, tomav84 said:

in terms of the furore around the incidents, the two are definitely comparable. they are scumbags of equal proportions, IMO

but the fact that you believe it's "nowhere near the same level" and that people have "over-reacted" i guess shows your stance on the matter. your view is not shared by many, from what i've seen

fair enough if you think they are comparable incidents. I agree they are both scumbags but i don't think they are comparable. I'm not sure if you're heard the audio from the other incident or not. 

I think the justice system will also agree they are not comparable - one could be a very long jail sentence measured in years, they other will most probably be a non-custodial sentence.

As for "people" have over-reacted, i specifically said Twitter and (social) media, not general people.  Like on VT, the response is more measured and proportionate (as always).

There is a difference between the over-reactions where people want him dead, harmed, etc (on Twitter) and those that would like the police to deal with it appropriately and don't want him to play for their club.

That's the only point i was trying to make.  It's fine to disagree though.

47 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I can’t read it in any other way than saying it’s not as bad as the other thing (of course it isn’t but it still a crime in its own right and should have necessary consequences

So you're agreeing with me after all?

Now i'm confused what your point is.

EDIT - ok, i've re-read it many times and the only thing i can think is that the first sentence is MY OPINION. The next 2 sentences are what i think WILL be the outcome, not what i think the outcome SHOULD BE.  Is that where the confusion has arisen?

Edited by ender4

4 minutes ago, ender4 said:

fair enough if you think they are comparable incidents. I agree they are both scumbags but i don't think they are comparable. I'm not sure if you're heard the audio from the other incident or not. 

I think the justice system will also agree they are not comparable - one could be a very long jail sentence measured in years, they other will most probably be a non-custodial sentence.

As for "people" have over-reacted, i specifically said Twitter and (social) media, not general people.  Like on VT, the response is more measured and proportionate (as always).

There is a difference between the over-reactions where people want him dead, harmed, etc (on Twitter) and those that would like the police to deal with it appropriately and don't want him to play for their club.

That's the only point i was trying to make.  It's fine to disagree though.

regarding the law, i think punishments for animal abuse is far too lenient for a start

secondly, to do that to an animal, you're more than capable of doing what greenwood did, IMO anyway.

i've not seen death threats as you have indicated. but i totally share the views of people wishing that harm comes his way, the same way that he inflicted harm to a defenseless animal

but i guess we feel differently...what can i say, i **** love cats

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

So you're agreeing with me after all?

Now i'm confused what your point is.

Comparing the two in the first place, why is it needed? One doesn’t cancel the other out. I don’t get the relevance. 

The video isn't great, and shows him to be a nasty person.  But it's nowhere near the same level as the video released of a certain Man Utd player.

Edited by Ingram85

14 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Comparing the two in the first place, why is it needed? One doesn’t cancel the other out.

But no-one has said one cancels the other out.  

And i also didn't start the comparison between the 2 incidents. I've added in the original quote to my original post as i hope that helps make my response clearer.

Let's leave it there, i think we've mis-understood each other and yet aren't that far in opinion.

Edited by ender4
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Hornso said:

Can’t believe the mere thought of doing any of that shit even entered his mind.

Sadly there are too many people that get a kick out of it. Look at fox hunting for instance, those that partake in it see no wrong and many call themselves animal lovers.

If more people knew what really goes on under the pretence of trail laying the demand for it to stop may be overwhelming.

• Like 1

Â