Scott Sinclair

The_Rev

Full quote from Sherwood on the Villa website:

"We're playing with two No.10s in N'Zogbia and Grealish, who play infield a little bit more.

"I think if we go back to wide players then Scott will be an automatic choice to play there.

"It's horses for courses at the moment. That's the way we're choosing to play.

"That's not to say we will play that way between now and the end of the season.

"We may well change.

"Scott has been training, he's still a good lad and a good player.

"He hasn't become a bad player or anything like that.

"Sometimes we will play with wide players."

Link: http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4726182,00.html

Doesn't make it seem like he doesn't want him, just that hes using  a differently tactic atm

I don't get this, a few weeks ago Tim was in love with him?

At the risk of exciting a certain poster who will probably accuse me of 'frothing at the mouth to stick the knife in' but I do worry about him changing his mind about players so flippantly.

On the other hand, the harsh treatment he seems to be dealing out to players he can't decide on may be a good thing in the long run with regards to getting players to realise that they can't **** about and need to dedicate themselves to the cause.

I am confused by the wide player comment....

Grealish and N'Zogbia have been playing wide in the last few matches. I'd like to see us go back to the 4-3-1-2 with Grealish in the hole now that we have Gabby back, but that comment doesn't make sense.

Not really. It's exactly as Sherwood says, since the semi-final (with the exception of City) we've played with "two No. 10s" behind Benteke. Naturally there is freedom in their movement and they pop up wide from time-to-time but they haven't been stationed wide. It is a 4-3-2-1, a narrow formation. And might I add that we've produced some of our most authorative football playing like this.

So in short, no, there is not a place for a player like Sinclair in this set-up - he is no No. 10. That's all Sherwood means, it was no slant on Sinclair.

Signed on 4 year deal

Scott Sinclair is looking forward to a bright claret and blue future after Premier League survival triggered a permanent move from Manchester City.

The winger is now committed to the club for the next four years after initially signing on a loan deal in January for the rest of the 2014-15 term.

Sinclair has impressed with some fine wing displays since that New Year move.

He has scored three goals since arriving - a fine effort in the FA Cup quarter-final with West Brom, one in the previous round against Leicester City and a headed effort against Stoke in Tim Sherwood's first game in charge.

The former Swansea star is excited about the coming years - and eager to show his quality for the club.

He said: "I am so happy.

"We've had a fantastic end to the current season - and now I am already looking forward to the new season starting.

"It's also great for me and the family to be settled now.

"For every footballer, it's important to have that stability. I believe that will help me perform better and push on for this great club in the coming years.

"It's so much different than when you're on loan and going here, there and everywhere.

"It was important for the family to have that stability and I'm thrilled it's with a club like Villa.

"This is the happiest I have been in a long time.

"Now it's about kicking on with my career in claret and blue.

"I have already loved every minute of playing for this club. To be a permanent Villa player now is a fantastic feeling.

"I feel I made a good start when I joined on loan and it's just a shame that I got injured.

"Obviously I got fit again but the team has been doing well and I've, rightly, had to bide my time.

"My aim now in the closing two weeks is giving 100% in training and waiting for my next chance.

"In the summer, I will have a nice break. Saying that, I am not sure it will be much of a break because the missus will be having a baby in the next four weeks!

"But when I come back for pre-season, it's about me being fit and firing and I will definitely be raring to go."
  • Like 3

"I feel I made a good start when I joined on loan and it's just a shame that I got injured.

"Obviously I got fit again but the team has been doing well and I've, rightly, had to bide my time.

"My aim now in the closing two weeks is giving 100% in training and waiting for my next chance.

Love this. Fantastic attitude.

Great attitude. Welcome Scott!

Â