Scott Sinclair

The_Rev

Think his wage demands might put a stop to him signing for us.

Even thou the transfer sum might be low, we can't afford to have players on the bench on big contracts.

Is he good enough to be a regular starter next season? I hope not.

Think Tim might have other targets in mind

We have a lot of options for these 2 wide-ish positions behind Benteke - Grealish, Zoggy, Gabby, Gil, Sinclair, Weimann( though he's really a striker ), Cole. Too many players. Unless Sherwood could get rid of at least a couple of them ( Gil, Weimann ), I think it'd be very unlikely that they'd invest wages in bringing Sinclair back. 

We have a lot of options for these 2 wide-ish positions behind Benteke - Grealish, Zoggy, Gabby, Gil, Sinclair, Weimann( though he's really a striker ), Cole. Too many players. Unless Sherwood could get rid of at least a couple of them ( Gil, Weimann ), I think it'd be very unlikely that they'd invest wages in bringing Sinclair back.

It's only really N'Zogbia and Sinclair (maybe Gil, however I see him more as playing behind the striker) out of those who naturally play out wide though.

I think his selfishness against Swansea might have made Sherwood think twice about him. Has he featured since then when fit. I know he's had an injury.

Just like Sherwood decided he didn't like Gil from one match.

Then decided he didn't like Westwood.

Then decided he actually loved Westwood.

i've even seen posts saying he played Baker over Okore as he prefers English players.

I know i annoy people on the Gil thread by asking why he's barely involved, but this thread is even sillier than me.

• Like 1

Sign him up, he's shown enough for me in C&B and his time at Swansea. Certainly a better option from the bench that Weimann. He seemed to really have a point to prove when he joined, this may go someway to explaining some of the 'selfishness' against Swansea. Maybe a case of trying too hard. Oh, and his Mrs is fit.

I think his selfishness against Swansea might have made Sherwood think twice about him. Has he featured since then when fit. I know he's had an injury.

Just like Sherwood decided he didn't like Gil from one match.

Then decided he didn't like Westwood.

Then decided he actually loved Westwood.

i've even seen posts saying he played Baker over Okore as he prefers English players.

I know i annoy people on the Gil thread by asking why he's barely involved, but this thread is even sillier than me.

I'm not too fussed if he plays him or not. We're winning games without him. Winning games is the main thing. I'm not saying it's a big conspiracy just an observation which could be one of two things, right or wrong.

Scott Sinclair is set to join Aston Villa in a £2.5m move that signals the end of a Manchester City career that never really got started. The 26-year-old made only three starts for City after joining the club from Swansea City in 2012 and his switch to Villa, the club at which he has been on loan since January, will be confirmed now that the Midlands side have secured their Premier League status.

It is understood that Villa agreed a deal with City in January that included a clause that guaranteed the winger’s loan would become permanent in the event of the club staying up – something that was confirmed on Saturday. However, it remains to be seen how much Sinclair will feature at Villa Park in the long term, given that he has been used sparingly by Tim Sherwood since returning from a hamstring injury and the change in playing system that he has implemented.

Sinclair appeared for an eight-minute cameo in the 6-1 defeat against Southampton on Saturday and was not in the squad the week before, when Villa beat West Ham 1-0. Furthermore, with Sinclair arriving at the club prior to Sherwood taking over from Paul Lambert in February, the Villa manager admitted he was not aware that an agreement was in place.

“I think there’s a discussion to be had at the end of the season. I’m not sure if it [a permanent deal] is cast in stone and I haven’t got confirmation of that,” Sherwood said.

“Is there a decision to make on him? Yeah. The injuries interrupted him but we have changed the style and the way we play a little bit. He’s been training, still a good lad, a good player. He hasn’t become a bad player or anything like that. I think if we go back to wide players then Scott will be an automatic choice to play there.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/18/scott-sinclair-aston-villa-manchester-city

I guess the deal would fall through as we've only agreed a fee. Not going to find many better players at that price. Just get it done. So sherwood said he doesn't want to play Sinclair as he's a wide player and we're not playing that way. Fair enough at least we know why.

Â