Scott Sinclair

The_Rev

If this helps in keeping Andi and Gabby out of the team Im all for it.

Having a natural wide player (with at least rudimentary football intelligence & technique ) playing in the wide position will make a world of difference to our attack

I like that he is a direct runner and good with the ball at his feet. For all the speed Gabby has its very much in straight lines and can be uncontrolled. I seem to remember him being very willing for 1-2s around the box. Don't know why I think that but someone willing to break the line and try as opposed to go back to midfield is something we have been missing. Time will tell I suppose but more wing threat is definately a plus considering our recent failings.

• Like 1

I'd like to see the wages, but 2M to make the deal permanent seems a really clever bit of business from Lambert. Sinclair wide left and Gil wide right both able to cut in. It's almost exciting...

He has a contract until 2016 and you'd think he'd be on over 40k a week.I doubt he'll be taking a pay cut below 40k. 3 year deal after the initial loan?

Wages wise it's risky if he does an N'Zogbia, but he looked a real talent for Swansea.

WBA fans didn't think much mind.

Edited by piav_k4

Is Sinclair ineligible for us in the FA Cup?

To be honest I couldn't care less what WBA fans say. He should fit into our side playing his natural game and in theory it will help to get more out of some of our other players. We have to give him a chance. He has about 4 months to prove himself.

Is Sinclair ineligible for us in the FA Cup?

To be honest I couldn't care less what WBA fans say. He should fit into our side playing his natural game and in theory it will help to get more out of some of our other players. We have to give him a chance. He has about 4 months to prove himself.

He should be eligible.   He's played 4 times this season for City, in the Community Shield, twice in the Premier League and once in the League Cup.   City are out of the FA Cup.   He isn't cup tied and I can't see why they would object to us playing him in the competition now they are out. 

Earlier in this thread I said I wasn't sure about Sinclair, and I still am not sure whether he will be up to what we require. I am happy it is on a loan with a view to a permanent deal, it means we a chance to try before we buy and gives the lad a chance to prove himself. Hopefully he will prove me and any other doubters wrong and be a hit for us.

The two clubs are believed to have agreed a deal, of around £2million, for Sinclair to make the deal permanent in the summer.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-city-flop-sinclair-set-8538183

Great piece of business and we have got this deal in our favour.  I'd say the hold up all along was that we wanted to loan him and see if he is upto standard rather than commit to buying him and taking on his wages, City were probably hoping someone would buy him and were holding out for that.

Â