Scott Sinclair

The_Rev

Been checking his stats a bit and they don't look that great to be honest.

83 games in the Premier League with Chelsea, Wigan, Swansea and Man City. 10 goals scored (5 of which were penalties) and 4 assists.

A loan should be the only option for us I think but there is surely something better elsewhere in Europe?

I never thought he was that good at Swansea either if i'm honest.

Only reason City took him on was because I think they needed him for the quota and probably got a whiff from his agent that he would be content not playing and earning a fair bit.

However he will fit in with the style I guess but the numbers aren't too impressive and that loan spell with West Brom did himself no favours either..

Either way it probably is Sinclair or nothing.

Only reason City took him on was because I think they needed him for the quota and probably got a whiff from his agent that he would be content not playing and earning a fair bit.

However he will fit in with the style I guess but the numbers aren't too impressive and that loan spell with West Brom did himself no favours either..

If this was even slightly true, why wouldn't City just sign Billy McCrap from Hereford for £500 and stick him in their squad?

• Like 1

When he was at Swansea, I always remember thinking he was a poor man's Ashley Young. He plays the inside left position that Grealish does (or wants to play anyway), I would see this as an obstacle to his development. But, we need players to make sure we stay up this year. Tricky.

If he is better out wide than anything we have at the moment - and I suspect he is - then we should be getting him in (provided we are not priced out of a move).

Can't agree with that logic. We should be getting the best player we can for the position, not just anyone who represents an improvement. I honestly can't believe that there's nobody around Europe who would provide more skill for a lower weekly wage. 

If this was even slightly true, why wouldn't City just sign Billy McCrap from Hereford for £500 and stick him in their squad?

for the uproar it would create by the fans and media. Signing a premier league player will be seen as adding to depth by everyone even if at the time nearly everyone had their doubts about him getting games, look he is not the first or last. Rodwell was also part of it at one point; if or when Sinclair leaves it will happen again.

If he is better out wide than anything we have at the moment - and I suspect he is - then we should be getting him in (provided we are not priced out of a move).

Can't agree with that logic. We should be getting the best player we can for the position, not just anyone who represents an improvement. I honestly can't believe that there's nobody around Europe who would provide more skill for a lower weekly wage. 

In Summer, probably. But in this window? It's never been one for anything other than panic buys, backup players and speculative additions.

suits me fine if true. Loan works for all parties there. 

I'm comfortable with a loan, mainly because I'm unsure he'll be any good.

But a loan does present it's own risks like I said earlier. If he comes good and has an amazing couple of months, then we've missed out on a bargain.

But this is probably the lower risk of the two, so I'm ok with it.

Â