January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

Completely against my better judgement, but I would take Adebayour on loan until the end of the season.

Even if he only tries for the first 4 or 5 games, his goals might be enough to get us moving in the right direction and give Benteke someone to think about.

Would be a lot less risk than a £9m + wages mentioned for Ba and a lt cheaper than the last striker we brought to save us from relegation.

Completely against my better judgement, but I would take Adebayour on loan until the end of the season.

1) We can't take any more loans as we have the maximum of 2 PL loans already

2) He'd cost more money than we have to spend

3) He probably wouldn't come

4) If he did he'd probably be a waste of space with a very poor attitude

BBC website have just said villa have confirmed they are not signing anyone today.... Woo.

So Lambert was either talking shit yesterday or he genuinely has no clue.

Or the club are spending the day dealing with sacking Lambert and his backroom staff... could happen!

Edited by Genie

BUGGER

I had hoped we'd pull off a decent deal today. Was expecting a striker of some sort. I will admit that I was a bit worried when Lambert was asked what sort of player he was looking to bring in, that the response was "anyone really, anyone who can improve the team". I've always regarded him as having worked to some sort of plan, that just sounds desperate. 

Or the club are spending the day dealing with sacking Lambert and his backroom staff... could happen!

That's the kind of optimism I like to see!

Come ooooonnnnnn Randy!

• Like 1

BBC website have just said villa have confirmed they are not signing anyone today.... Woo.

So Lambert was either talking shit yesterday or he genuinely has no clue.

Or they're mis-directing or the targets are now unavailable. Hard to read the transfer market from 'outside'.
  • Like 1

I would play the following team assuming we don't sign anyone else;

-----------------------------------------Guzan-----------------------------------------

Hutton----------------Okore-------------------------Vlaar------------------Cissokho

-----------------------Sanchez---------------------Delph--------------------------------

Bacuna---------------------------------------------------------------------------Sinclair

-------------------------------------------Gil-------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------Benteke-----------------------------------------------

That could've been very dangerous if we'd had Albrighton to put in place of Bacuna.

Personally I would like to see Grealish in that spot. All this talk about bringing in new blood yet we have a quality young player there that has got better with every appearance and has proved to be a menace to defenders with the ball at his feet. At least when he is on the pitch the ball is getting into the box. Tekkers would be scoring a lot more if he had regular service. Just my opinion!

• Like 2

As for the loans, doesn't help any of Chelsea's players breakthrough, chalobah and mceachran have both pretty much wasted their talent in the championship

Exactly, and between them, Chelsea and Man City have over 50 players out on loan right now.

That's a huge amount of talent not getting to develop, it's a huge amount of players that don't get to play, at clubs that don't get to watch young talent come through, in places that never see a decent transfer fee because half a dozen clubs are hoovering up the best talent before it turns 16.

I think a review of the loan system makes the game better.

The worst thing is that our summer transfer budget is going be spent already on Cleverly and Sinclair.

We won't be paying for Cleverley. No interest in signing him on permanent basis currently. Which is obviously a massive relief.

How can Lambert tell the BBC he "hopes to bring a couple in" and yet less than 24 hours later the club is saying "not bringing anybody in" ?!!!!

What does this tell us about the club and their relationship with Lambert ?!!!!

How can Lambert tell the BBC he "hopes to bring a couple in" and yet less than 24 hours later the club is saying "not bringing anybody in" ?!!!!

What does this tell us about the club and their relationship with Lambert ?!!!!

Either he is getting fired, or Alli is being poached by Tottenham under his nose, or both.

The worst thing is that our summer transfer budget is going be spent already on Cleverly and Sinclair.

Unless we buy Cleverley today, then we won't be paying anything for him.

Anything more than £1m would be terrible. He is out of contract in the summer and has been worse than shit so far.