January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

We could of went for adebayor on loan if we didn't waste a loan spot on Cleverly...

Oh deer me , god help us !
You don't think Adebayor could do a job for us for the rest of the season?

Simply put ... No!

In fact if rather we sign Russ Abbot !

Well we do need a decent atmosphere at the ground

• Like 2

Huth to Leicester has gone through. He would have given us something we have missed since Laursen retired; a goal threat from set-pieces.

That's assuming we actually do work on set pieces; I've seen nothing all season or last season to suggest we do which is baffling for a side that is struggling for goals.

• Like 1

It is going to be hard work persuading any decent players to sign for us after that horror showing yesterday. The brief moment of positivity around the club from the Cup win has been blown away, and replaced with the reality of the situation we are in. Therefore I think we are probably done for this window.

To be fair, Pochetino has always given youth players a chance both at Southampton and Spurs. Alli will back his own ability, and if he does well enough he will probably see that he gets a chance.

In a weird way, the more successful Spurs become, the worse it will be for Alli. It's easy to blood kids at a 2013/2014 Southampton side with nothing to lose or a low Primera Liga side. It becomes a lot more difficult for Pochettino to do that if there are genuine Champions League spots to be had. I don't know this Alli guy. He's just the latest lower league hotshot that has the Premier League in a bit of a tizzy. But history shows us that making the jump to CL or borderline CL sides as opposed to 'mere mortal' Premier League sides can be detrimental to your career.

• Like 2

Sky sports have **** all to talk about, there's nothing major going on at all. Confirming reports that moves aren't happening and the biggest story is Kane signing a new contract.

The BBC's transfer deadline special tonight starts at 10:45

That's what Sky Sports should do. Just have like an hour's show to round everything up.

I hate deadline day. 24 hours of Sky Sports recycling the same 15 minutes of news and filling the gaps by reading twitter.

**** off

In a weird way, the more successful Spurs become, the worse it will be for Alli. It's easy to blood kids at a 2013/2014 Southampton side with nothing to lose or a low Primera Liga side. It becomes a lot more difficult for Pochettino to do that if there are genuine Champions League spots to be had. I don't know this Alli guy. He's just the latest lower league hotshot that has the Premier League in a bit of a tizzy. But history shows us that making the jump to CL or borderline CL sides as opposed to 'mere mortal' Premier League sides can be detrimental to your career.

But Spurs have covered the bases. Either they are successful and don't need to use Alli and he stays in the reserves for a while, Spurs aren't successful and they play him and he turns out to be really good and they sell him for more than the £5m they paid for him or Spurs are successful and Alli turns out to be shit hot and then they sell him for Bale-like money to a bigger club.

Quite a good gamble if your club can afford £5m for a high potential player. We can't it seems.

Brum mail on twitter sums journos up, nothing's happening but something might change, in my mind that akin to saying I think I know what's happening but if it turns out that I know **** all don't blame me

Edited by villa4europe