January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

Well it's nearly that time of year again, so to get the ball rolling from the Mirror (I know)... http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-could-recruit-fiorentinas-4678022

Aston Villa could recruit Fiorentina's Josip Ilicic when January transfer window opens.

The Slovenian midfielder is out of favour in Florence and the Italian side could be set to cut their losses after signing him for £6.5million in 2012

Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert is being offered Slovenia midfielder Josip Ilicic in January, writes Tom Hopkinson in Sunday People Sport .

The 26-year-old has fallen out of favour with Fiorentina fans and the club are looking to move him on in the new year.

Italian side Torino are also keen but the player has still not decided what his next move will be.

Ilicic joined Fiorentina from Palermo in 2012 for around £6.5million but now the Florence-based club will let him leave on loan in January with first option to buy him for around £3.5m next summer.

The midfielder has racked up 26 appearances for his country since his debut four years ago.

Ilicic is not well liked. He's fallen out with the national coach and refused to play a couple of weeks ago he got booed onto the pitch when subbed on for fiorentina and made a few "ssshhhhh" gestures to the crowd that really didn't help much.

Agent sustains his (and fiorentina's) problems are psychological and there's nothing wrong with his ability.

I really couldn't give a shit. 

Any incoming players will be a) cheap b ) largely unheard of/unproven c) incapable of improving the clubs current situation and league position. 

:(

Edited by Eames

Hopefully Randy will panic buy again in January.

Yep, that way we can get a fat, greedy waste of space stuck on our books for four years on £70k a week.

Here's hoping!

*Who kept us in the league

* 11 players are on the pitch and I don't remember Bent dancing round 4 or 5 players and banging many in the top bin from 25 yards.

Yep, that way we can get a fat, greedy waste of space stuck on our books for four years on £70k a week.

Here's hoping!

* 11 players are on the pitch and I don't remember Bent dancing round 4 or 5 players and banging many in the top bin from 25 yards.

Unless I missed the rule change you don't receive more points for these actions.

It's pretty much a unanimous agreement from what I've seen that his goals kept us in the league, but from your posts in the Bent thread it's clear you have an irrational hatred of the man.

• Like 4

Here's hoping!

That's just the thing with people saying "once Benteke comes back we'll start scoring again".

We don't have a working tactic or the players to support our striker. Be it Bent, Benteke, Andi or anyone else. We might score the odd goal but untill something major changes (new manager and or massive investments) our luck won't change

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

Here's hoping!

That's just the thing with people saying "once Benteke comes back we'll start scoring again".

We don't have a working tactic or the players to support our striker. Be it Bent, Benteke, Andi or anyone else. We might score the odd goal but untill something major changes (new manager and or massive investments) our luck won't change

Difficult not to agree at the moment. It could all change, but it looks like Benteke might have trouble scoring again, just like last year.