January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

Brum mail on twitter sums journos up, nothing's happening but something might change, in my mind that akin to saying I think I know what's what's happening but if it turns out that I know **** all don't blame me

Every ITK ever uses this tactic.

"Villa want to sign Defoe, but the deal might still break down"

They're right whatever happens.

Sky sports have **** all to talk about, there's nothing major going on at all. Confirming reports that moves aren't happening and the biggest story is Kane signing a new contract.

The BBC's transfer deadline special tonight starts at 10:45

That's what Sky Sports should do. Just have like an hour's show to round everything up.

I hate deadline day. 24 hours of Sky Sports recycling the same 15 minutes of news and filling the gaps by reading twitter.

**** off

Just change the channel ?

Sky sports have **** all to talk about, there's nothing major going on at all. Confirming reports that moves aren't happening and the biggest story is Kane signing a new contract.

The BBC's transfer deadline special tonight starts at 10:45

That's what Sky Sports should do. Just have like an hour's show to round everything up.

I hate deadline day. 24 hours of Sky Sports recycling the same 15 minutes of news and filling the gaps by reading twitter.

**** off

Just change the channel ?

Oh I won't be watching it, don't worry.

I might tune in at 10:55 to see what's happened.

Crazy!! Gil was needed to be brought as we needed a winger (Creative player) but i really don't think Sinclair was needed!

Could have grabbed a striker on loan this window as our strikers arn't going to get close to 20/25 goals between them this season.

Dangerous going into February without a new striker (even on loan) we need some different ideas up front and preferably someone who can bang them in.

Edited by Villan4Life

Brum mail on twitter sums journos up, nothing's happening but something might change, in my mind that akin to saying I think I know what's what's happening but if it turns out that I know **** all don't blame me

Every ITK ever uses this tactic.

"Villa want to sign Defoe, but the deal might still break down"

They're right whatever happens.

The joys of twitter then means that they get companies to retweet the ones that they are right on endlessly...

Crazy!! Gil was needed to be brought as we needed a winger (Creative player) but i really don't think Sinclair was needed!

Could have grabbed a striker on loan this window as our strikers arn't going to get close to 20/25 goals between them this season.

Dangerous going into February without a new striker (even on loan) we need some different ideas up front.

Signing Gil and Sinclair effectively gives us 2 new strikers in gabby and Andi. They can now be played up front as we don't need them to deputise wide.

I'm fully expecting Gil and Sinclair to start soon (I'd say next game but with it being Chelsea it's hard to say).

When that happens I'm hoping Lambert might mix it up and give Andi a chance up front.

In a weird way, the more successful Spurs become, the worse it will be for Alli. It's easy to blood kids at a 2013/2014 Southampton side with nothing to lose or a low Primera Liga side. It becomes a lot more difficult for Pochettino to do that if there are genuine Champions League spots to be had. I don't know this Alli guy. He's just the latest lower league hotshot that has the Premier League in a bit of a tizzy. But history shows us that making the jump to CL or borderline CL sides as opposed to 'mere mortal' Premier League sides can be detrimental to your career.

But Spurs have covered the bases. Either they are successful and don't need to use Alli and he stays in the reserves for a while, Spurs aren't successful and they play him and he turns out to be really good and they sell him for more than the £5m they paid for him or Spurs are successful and Alli turns out to be shit hot and then they sell him for Bale-like money to a bigger club.

Quite a good gamble if your club can afford £5m for a high potential player. We can't it seems.

I'm not doubting the wisdom of the deal from Spurs' point of view whatsoever.  They have very little to lose no matter what the outcome.  I'm doubting it from the player's point of view.  It's risky on his behalf.  Historically there's a fair chance he could disappear for 3 years now.

• Like 2

Rumour  is that Tim Cahill, 35, is considering a move back to the Premier League after his excellent performances in the Asian Cup.

Couldn't be us......

... could it?

Wages. Probably not.

I would play the following team assuming we don't sign anyone else;

-----------------------------------------Guzan-----------------------------------------

Hutton----------------Okore-------------------------Vlaar------------------Cissokho

-----------------------Sanchez---------------------Delph--------------------------------

Bacuna---------------------------------------------------------------------------Sinclair

-------------------------------------------Gil-------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------Benteke-----------------------------------------------

• Like 1

In a weird way, the more successful Spurs become, the worse it will be for Alli. It's easy to blood kids at a 2013/2014 Southampton side with nothing to lose or a low Primera Liga side. It becomes a lot more difficult for Pochettino to do that if there are genuine Champions League spots to be had. I don't know this Alli guy. He's just the latest lower league hotshot that has the Premier League in a bit of a tizzy. But history shows us that making the jump to CL or borderline CL sides as opposed to 'mere mortal' Premier League sides can be detrimental to your career.

But Spurs have covered the bases. Either they are successful and don't need to use Alli and he stays in the reserves for a while, Spurs aren't successful and they play him and he turns out to be really good and they sell him for more than the £5m they paid for him or Spurs are successful and Alli turns out to be shit hot and then they sell him for Bale-like money to a bigger club.

Quite a good gamble if your club can afford £5m for a high potential player. We can't it seems.

I'm not doubting the wisdom of the deal from Spurs' point of view whatsoever.  They have very little to lose no matter what the outcome.  I'm doubting it from the player's point of view.  It's risky on his behalf.  Historically there's a fair chance he could disappear for 3 years now.

With the loan rules the way they are he'll be covered though - there's nothing stopping him playing for us or a team like us, over the next couple of seasons.

I'd like to see Premier league to Premier league loans stopped and a limit on the number of players a team can loan out in total.

I dunno, I think lambert on loan would still be a good signing and make it a decent window, benteke needs pressure on his starting role, gabby and andi might now play as strikers but neither of them are going to see benteke benched

Can't do another Prem loan. We're at out maximum of 2. 

I'm not doubting the wisdom of the deal from Spurs' point of view whatsoever. They have very little to lose no matter what the outcome. I'm doubting it from the player's point of view. It's risky on his behalf. Historically there's a fair chance he could disappear for 3 years now.

With the loan rules the way they are he'll be covered though - there's nothing stopping him playing for us or a team like us, over the next couple of seasons.

I'd like to see Premier league to Premier league loans stopped and a limit on the number of players a team can loan out in total.

Depends doesn't it, you'll have some positive ones such as walker with us but I think spurs will always be labelled with bostock who went too early, got paid too much and by all accounts went out on loan and considered it below him and threw it all away, in that regards I don't think the move is necessarily bad for him but the wages will be interesting, I think one of the biggest problems in English football is the sense of making it, if this kid is on say £30k a week then I think it's only natural that a large % of 18 year olds don't agree that the hard work starts now

As for the loans, doesn't help any of Chelsea's players breakthrough, chalobah and mceachran have both pretty much wasted their talent in the championship

The only other thing is I think Harry Kane is now showing the spurs owners what the fans want in terms of players, they'll want this kid to get a chance rather than the likes of paulinho and other expensive flops

Edited by villa4europe

I would play the following team assuming we don't sign anyone else;

-----------------------------------------Guzan-----------------------------------------

Hutton----------------Okore-------------------------Vlaar------------------Cissokho

-----------------------Sanchez---------------------Delph--------------------------------

Bacuna---------------------------------------------------------------------------Sinclair

-------------------------------------------Gil-------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------Benteke-----------------------------------------------

That could've been very dangerous if we'd had Albrighton to put in place of Bacuna.

... It's probably nothing, but...

Pat Murphy

BBC Radio 5 live

No business at Villa today

Posted at

13:09

"Just had it confirmed that Aston Villa expect to do no business today - despite sliding towards the relegation zone. So their only cash outlay in this transfer window remains the £2.75m for Carles Gill. There was also the loan deal that brought Scott Sinclair from Manchester City. Tom Cleverley will remain on loan from Manchester United until the end of the season."

I just want some optimism! Some Messi! Something!

Edited by Sam3773