January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

I still think that 5m must have been intended for someone else (Ba maybe?)

No matter what you think of the manager, do you really think he'd have had that £5m for the whole of the window and then decided to spend it with 6 hours left?

Either that money was meant for somebody else or it was given to him at the last minute.

5m plus Gil = Cleverley?

I thought the 11th hour bid for Rickie was pretty worrying for a number of reasons:

1) We offered more than Liverpool paid for him - despite his value obviously depreciating a lot

2) If we had these extra funds available all along, why was the club not working on overdrive to get more business done early (something which PL is usually good at), especially if those at the top are as desperate as that bid would make us appear?

3) The player himself - hardly inspiring and not going to affect our woeful style of play and chance creation

All in all though, a half decent window

We don't know how much we bid for him, I saw rumours ranging between £3-5m

Lots of other clubs failed to get the strikers they wanted. We could have been in the Adebayor race. At least we weren't in the Carlton Cole race (snigger)

I actually think he'd have done really well at our club. He's got experience, intelligence. He's have lined up well with wingers and given Benteke something to think about. To play football doesn't require 11 gucci players. It takes 3-5 individuals playing within a framework for them to operate. A (currently) lazy striker failing to hold the ball, failing to create space for the likes of Gabby/Weimann/Gil/Delph/N/Zog/Sinclair is a MASSIVE hindrance. If we get an on-form target man, we're laughing.

Agreed. I'm content. We probably did as well if not better than the majority of clubs around us.

Agree with final point, though not sure 'bout the implication that Richard Lambére is an on-form target man.

As it stands, happy it didn't go through, just confused why we tried

I still think that 5m must have been intended for someone else (Ba maybe?)

No matter what you think of the manager, do you really think he'd have had that £5m for the whole of the window and then decided to spend it with 6 hours left?

Either that money was meant for somebody else or it was given to him at the last minute.

5m plus Gil = Cleverley?
Yeah maybe but I imagine the decision not to sign cleverley was made well before last Monday