Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

I think if you guys could get your lips around my special plums you'd have a different perspective.

Seriously, I do like a bit of fruit, it ain't a meal but it's a nice treat or snack. My plums really are nice, we even grew a single fig last year. Apples off our apple tree went into a few pies and tarts and blackberry season (about 2 weeks away by the look of things) is amazing.

I've not been this outraged since I saw a guy eating an orange the same way you'd eat an apple!

How do you eat an apple?

I find people who just bite into it savages.

It needs to be sliced into 4 slices and the core taken out before i will even look at it.

Ideally, in small pieces in a bowl with a fork.

I eat it from the top downward, core and everything. Apart from that little black bit at the bottom, I wrap that neatly in cling film then place it in the bin.
I eat mine in a glass as cider

Cant stand fruit ,not sure what it is as in terms of taste I don't mind oranges and apples , just the whole texture thing maybe or laziness on my behalf but I couldn't tell you the last time I physically ate any fruit other than maybe in a processed format in a naked bar or something

Same here.

I'm surprised you can eat oranges, they're the worst for the whole horrible texture thing - skin, pith, pips - and then that acidic juice that makes you suck in your cheeks and leaves your hands sticky. Yuk.

The missus loves all fruit, and cannot understand that I don't even regard it as food, just medicine.

Oranges is probably a throw back to the football days and the half time slice , nowadays I drink it mainly as I do a lot of product development on a certain brand of it and tend to have loads of it in the office

Theres a tiny metal frame around my laptop where my keyboard case ends. When my laptop is plugged in, this metal frame gives me mini-electric shock/tingly feeling when im touching it.

But, what i dont get is that it only happens when its on a glass table. Its frigging annoying as i work on the glass table and i keep getting tiny tiny shocks

Edited by gharperr

Theres a tiny metal frame around my laptop where my keyboard case ends. When my laptop is plugged in, this metal frame gives me mini-electric shock/tingly feeling when im touching it.

But, what i dont get is that it only happens when its on a glass table. Its frigging annoying as i work on the glass table and i keep getting tiny tiny shocks

You shouldn't be using any device thats charging, same go's for your mobile phones.

Watched my first Gaelic Football match on sky earlier. Just seems complete alien to me that hoofing the ball over the bar gets you a point. A couple of times they players went through on goal, only to casually boot it over the bar rather than going for goal.

Obviously watch too much football!

DJ's at parties.

Had to suffer 3 hours of excruciating shit last night, typical boring bland same-old bollox that a thousand other parties are probably listening to.

Ugh.

Why women wear high heels. I get that maybe they make you look taller and that they can be sexy but they look so **** uncomfortable I reckon a pair of bear traps around your ankles would be preferable.

Edited by Ponky

ok ye ...that is something i dont get. how the average dj can make money...its just a playlist on a laptop. thats it. and they earn over £100+ a night

Bt1EU0HCAAAG-63.jpg
  • Like 3

Chemical Brothers, Glastonbury - A great set of great choons, but buggered if I'm going to pay to see a bloke with a laptop.

Then on the other hand....I recently saw Don Letts do a DJ set and now I want to go again, he was superb.

Chemical Brothers, Glastonbury - A great set of great choons, but buggered if I'm going to pay to see a bloke with a laptop.

As someone who's seen The Chemical Brother/Underworld a few times a piece - the last thing on your mind is where the music is coming from.

Why women wear high heels. I get that maybe they make you look taller and that they can be sexy but they look so **** uncomfortable I reckon a pair of bear traps around your ankles would be preferable.

Nowt better than sexy shoes

uBmGhpb.jpg

ok ye ...that is something i dont get. how the average dj can make money...its just a playlist on a laptop. thats it. and they earn over £100+ a night

I think it depends what you mean by average dj.

Knowing a guy who does "dj" for events a lot of it is having the sound system, lights, song catalogue etc., carting it all around and knowing how to set it up and use it properly.

So your paying for the hire of equipment as much as you are the guy.

If we're talking about the serious kind of djing then if its anything like the live music scene, its hard enough to get booked let alone get paid well for it.

Edited by jjaacckk91

Nowt better than sexy shoes

uBmGhpb.jpg

orthopedic+shoes.jpg

I stand corrected, said the man in the orthopedic shoes.

• Like 4

Â