Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

Stone Island appears to be the brand of choice for chavvy football hooligans.

Compliment it with a burberry baseball cap to complete the look! 

Stone Island appears to be the brand of choice for chavvy football hooligans.

Compliment it with a burberry baseball cap to complete the look! 

Na, keep it old school. A bucket hat or a deerstalker is the way to go. 

2 things;

1. People with stickers on their hat. Get that shit of, do you keep the label on your jeans as well? Plus, you are not 12.

2. Maybe its because I am not English, but you guys seem to have a need of adding 'bar' at the end of every kind of a chocolate snack. Everybody knows what a snickers is. Do you really have to call it a snickers bar? And if we follow this suit, shouldn't you be calling Pepsi 'pepsi cola' etc? Why is there a need for 'bar'?

Don't get it.

Edited by Mic09

I know this is going back a couple of pages, but I wanted to agree with everyone on the Florence Welch thing. I miss being able to go to the grocery store without some banshee wailing about her dog days being over. Leave me alone. Stop yelling at me. I just want to buy this milk and get on with my day.

Edited by JamieZ
  • Like 2

2. Maybe its because I am not English, but you guys seem to have a need of adding 'bar' at the end of every kind of a chocolate snack. Everybody knows what a snickers is. Do you really have to call it a snickers bar? And if we follow this suit, shouldn't you be calling Pepsi 'pepsi cola' etc? Why is there a need for 'bar'?

Don't get it.

Mars bar - maybe

Snickers bar - no

Whisper bar - no

Milky way bar - no

Twix bar - no

Lion bar - maybe

Kit kat bar -no

Galaxy bar - no

2 things;

1. People with stickers on their hat. Get that shit of, do you keep the label on your jeans as well? Plus, you are not 12.

Don't get it.

1. I do this. I apologise.

2. That's not an England thing. Maybe for Mars Bar, but that's probably just because it sort of rhymes. But nobody ever says "I'd like a Snickers Bar"

I saw somebody the other day eating a four finger kit kat, just chomping across the fingers.

No regard for breaking them off, no attempt to eat one and then the next. 

Just chomped across it like it was solid with no finger demarcation.

**** neanderthal idiot

• Like 4

I was this close to an intervention. This close.

I guess this is a classic case of bad parenting so the guy didn't even know what he was doing was wrong. But you shouldn't need telling that some things are wrong. Look around you, does anyone else act like that? Do 'nice' people do that? 

Broken Britain.

• Like 1

I was this close to an intervention. This close.

I guess this is a classic case of bad parenting so the guy didn't even know what he was doing was wrong. But you shouldn't need telling that some things are wrong. Look around you, does anyone else act like that? Do 'nice' people do that? 

Broken Britain.

howse_main_2413502b.jpg

• Like 1

I saw somebody the other day eating a four finger kit kat, just chomping across the fingers.

**** neanderthal idiot

May I make so bold as to suggest that the extent to which such aberrations jar one's sensibilities is a measure of how well a person is integrated into the role of consumer.

Massive resources and a great deal of imagination goes into creating these products and somehow when the carefully codified rituals of consumption are ignored, or even defied, the magic of the moment fails to coalesce and the symbolic reward which is promised by the brand is lost.

Just like Twix (notice how the definite article seems inappropriate), KitKat is meant to be consumed one finger at a time, and to defy such a convention is to cock a snook at the gods of consumerism.

In short, it's just not right.

• Like 2

I make no apologies for knowing and respecting the rules of kit kat etiquette that have seen this once great country seize the moral high ground and lead the way for our lesser 'cousins' to aspire to and follow in their own amusing and mimicking way.

It can only be fact, that if an alien were to land outside a One Stop, a Spar, a Best One or even a Budgens and acquire a kit kat they would know what to do. No advertising tells me to snap the fingers. My god given common sense tells me those fingers serve a porpoise.

I would no more bite across a 4 finger kit kat than I would bite a baby or shit in a chip shop. 

I will concede I have bitten off both fingers of a two finger kit kat. When I've been in a rush.

• Like 1

**** neanderthal idiot

May I make so bold as to suggest that the extent to which such aberrations jar one's sensibilities is a measure of how well a person is integrated into the role of consumer.

Massive resources and a great deal of imagination goes into creating these products and somehow when the carefully codified rituals of consumption are ignored, or even defied, the magic of the moment fails to coalesce and the symbolic reward which is promised by the brand is lost.

Just like Twix (notice how the definite article seems inappropriate), KitKat is meant to be consumed one finger at a time, and to defy such a convention is to cock a snook at the gods of consumerism.

In short, it's just not right.

This is far too well-written for the topic at hand (yes, pun intended)

I've not been this outraged since I saw a guy eating an orange the same way you'd eat an apple!

I'm assuming the orange was at least peeled.  But even then, that's a savage.

Â