Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

im the opposite, there a lot of art that i dont enjoy and art that i dont get (the turner prize being the prime example, what a load of bollocks) however a lot of banksy's stuff brings a smile to my face, went to his exhibition in bristol a few years back it was just a bit of fun - 

banyks-thomas-tank-graffiti-b160-colour-

Banksy,_Are_you_using_that_chair,_2005.j

also seen his documentary exit through the gift shop and recently his documentary on his stint in new york

Banksy-Ghetto-4-Life.jpg

its amazing how many americans that upset, sailed completely over their head

• Like 2

I don't understand what's not to 'get' about Banksy's work.

The yanks went mad about the use of the word ghetto and the racist connotations that it has

Personally I think that piece is good, a posh white kid with a butler claiming to be ghetto is ironically the opposite of what all the complaints were about, but of course the Americans won't understand that either...

Thai Brides.

Fella here sitting next to me on train and he's got one, granted he's not the best looking bloke in the world, he's got the iphone 5 & she's got the iphone 6.

something similar but ive spent 5 months in Philippines this year...

People who think they can buy love. It is crazy the amount of older white people who think they can just throw a bit of money and it will buy them love. I dont know if they know it will never work. But they pay for their accommodation in one of the nicest residential condo building which is 1k$+. they'll pay for them to live which is 1k$+. They pay for their education (dont know price of this) and they only get to see them for 1 month a year. As soon as theyre gone the pinoys are happy sleeping with anyone. Feel sorry for the guys. I dont know if they know theyre sleeping about once theyre gone or if they actually think theyre loyal. But theres such a cheating culture here and all the girls are redic horny i dont get how they can pay for all that for them.

ive even had a girl pay for all my drinks/food etc when we meet because her foreign boyfriend was sending her more than she could spend

When i was in thailand last year and you would see "thai brides" and their boyfriend. Literally no conversation between them what so ever. The things people do just for sex...

Maybe the rich foreign boyfriends have a family back home?

Maybe but why the need to pay for sometime you only see once a year, especially when there is an abundance of prime flange available in Manila? The Elephant Man could get his beak wet easy enough there. My mate was surprised how successful he was considering he looks like a confused velociraptor.

I don't get it, if you need to pay for it then just pick up someone you fancy each day, have your fun then forget about her. Trying to force 'love' through payment rarely works

Edited by Xela

Science.

I like science, I like scientific explanations of things and if I could do my life over again I would want to go into engineering which has science as its basis. Now when I was at school I took the easy option and chose rural science as an option, realistically it was a doss for 2 years. The problem now is I know nothing about chemistry, physics and biology. Nothing. Maybe outside of water being h2o. I do not get science and this pains me greatly as I hate having such a huge blindspot.

• Like 1

Science.

I like science, I like scientific explanations of things and if I could do my life over again I would want to go into engineering which has science as its basis. Now when I was at school I took the easy option and chose rural science as an option, realistically it was a doss for 2 years. The problem now is I know nothing about chemistry, physics and biology. Nothing. Maybe outside of water being h2o. I do not get science and this pains me greatly as I hate having such a huge blindspot.

It's one of the easiest subjects you can do as a past time.

There are A-Zs on the easiest to the most complicated science all over the internet, it's an extremely accessible subject.

Have a think of what you actually want to learn, then google the shit out of it.  There are videos, lectures, shorts, documentaries, experiments, daily facts, actual lecture material all over the place.

• Like 1

Science.

There are A-Zs on the easiest to the most complicated science all over the internet, it's an extremely accessible subject.

Have a think of what you actually want to learn, then google the shit out of it.  There are videos, lectures, shorts, documentaries, experiments, daily facts, actual lecture material all over the place.

The problem is knowing where to start, genuinely remedial level science. Maybe I will start with what science symbols are. (see I dont even know the proper name for them)

Science.

The problem is knowing where to start, genuinely remedial level science. Maybe I will start with what science symbols are. (see I dont even know the proper name for them)

Google is your friend.

Just Google something basic like E=mc^2 and wiki will tell you, then you'll ask questions from there, which you can google and hence forth you shall be known as Sheldon "Seat" Cooper.

GCSE Bitesize on BBC has GCSE (obviously) level information for you to learn and even test yourself on if you so wish.

Or you could actually do a Science course at a college part time?

Science.

Try the Khan academy, the on-line school.

It has some revolutionary ideas about education and one of the most important is that it starts with the basics and you don't move up a level until you understand the level you are on.

Sal Khan does a very interesting Ted Talk explaining how it works.

• Like 2

NERD!

haha, only boffins and weirdos like science.

I watch University Challenge and I am flying, Titian, Brittan, Brunel, 1642, and then I hit a science question and its, ummm, a cat?

• Like 3

Just signed up for a Chemistry course on Khan Academy. I am all over that shit. 

haaaaaaaaaaang on a minute......

for the record, you have one of these:

breakingbad-rv-desert.jpg

and you've signed up for chemistry

• Like 1

Just signed up for a Chemistry course on Khan Academy. I am all over that shit. 

haaaaaaaaaaang on a minute......

for the record, you have one of these:

breakingbad-rv-desert.jpg

and you've signed up for chemistry

Rumbled. 

• Like 1

Â