Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

I eat a KitKat in six bites:

Break off TWO (not one) fingers. Bite off end, bite off centre section, eat final third.

Repeat for second pair of joined fingers.

Individual fingers would be too thin.

Edited by mjmooney

Hands up who separates the caramel from the biscuit on twixes and eats them as 2 separate bars.  I know you animals exist so don't be shy.

• Like 1

Break off TWO (not one) fingers. Bite off end, bite off centre section, eat final third.

Some men just want to watch the world burn

• Like 1

Hands up who separates the caramel from the biscuit on twixes and eats them as 2 separate bars.  I know you animals exist so don't be shy.

far too complicated , same with the Kit Kat systems that people appear to follow

my system is 

unwrap choc bar

open mouth

bite

chew  ( this is optional)

swallow

repeat until choc has gone

I did try the fruit pastille in the mouth without chewing once but after .0005 of a sec I got bored of that so chomped my way through a whole packet

It sounds formalised enough to count as a ritual, which is all that is required.

As a matter of interest, do you use the prescribed method of running a thumbnail along the foil of the central channel before breaking them into pairs? 

Edited by MakemineVanilla

I do that for half, because I like to eat some of it as a whole twix and some as biscuit and caramel separate.

Does anybody remember the polo's with green writing which acted as an instant win?  Well my Dad opened a pack and rubbed a polo against the side of wrapper on the green bit, Voila!  Green writing on the polo.  He then put it back in the packet and gave it to me.  Bastard.

I miss lemon polos.  No I don't mean fruit polos.  These were chalky sweets like the regular mint, but they were a yellowy white and had a subtle lemon flavour to them.  Delicious.  I'm struggling to even find a picture of them online.  Maybe they were uniquely Irish?

• Like 2

I miss lemon polos.  No I don't mean fruit polos.  These were chalky sweets like the regular mint, but they were a yellowy white and had a subtle lemon flavour to them.  Delicious.  I'm struggling to even find a picture of them online.  Maybe they were uniquely Irish?

I remember them, although having spent a lot of my childhood in Ireland on holiday the possibility of them being uniquely Irish is still a strong one.

However, you can get lemon flavoured chewing gum (The "Extra" brand I think) and they taste exactly the same.

on a mint theme did anyone else's school have the "story" that if you ate 5 packets of Trebor mints in one go , that you would become sterile ?

I actually think school kids invented the interweb all these urban myths that spread around the country ( see Mark Almond) have to have been distributed somehow

We had the "eat so many mints you'll shit your pants", but not go sterile.

I wonder if anyone has ever poo'd through a polo mint loop?

That's weird isn't it?   That I thought of that.. maybe it because I need to poop.

brb, pooping.

• Like 1

You'd have loved this then. (Sadly discontinued) lemon flavour toothpaste:

crest_zps6dtmmv6b.jpg

I've not been this outraged since I saw a guy eating an orange the same way you'd eat an apple!

How do you eat an apple?

I find people who just bite into it savages.

It needs to be sliced into 4 slices and the core taken out before i will even look at it.

Ideally, in small pieces in a bowl with a fork.

Â