Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

Funnily enough, popcorn is about the only food I like at the cinema and can stand other people having. It's not that noisy.

People tearing into and eating their packet of minstrels that cost them £11 at the refreshment kiosk and following it up with a bowl of nachos and slurping on a 17 litre diet coke is way noisier.

• Like 2

Funnily enough, popcorn is about the only food I like at the cinema and can stand other people having. It's not that noisy.

People tearing into and eating their packet of minstrels that cost them £11 at the refreshment kiosk and following it up with a bowl of nachos and slurping on a 17 litre diet coke is way noisier.

You just described my hell...

In fact I'd be a happy man if crunchy food in general didn't exist anymore

Edited by mightysasquatch

At the Cinema I have eaten the following food & drank;

- Poopcorn (lmao, poop)

- Nat'chos (rofl, crisps that don't belong to you)

- Big massive Diet Coke (unfortunately, Coke won the Cineworld contract over Pepsi :()

- Pick & Mix (usually around £5 worth)

It's tasty and nutritious.  What's not to love?

I had lemon flavoured crisps somewhere last year ...They were possibly and the worse crisps I've tasted since the crab flavour ones I thought would be "nice"

Had lemon and chilli crisps.

I concur - Revolting.

Sorry, let's rewind a second.

Kit Kats no longer come with a foil wrapper? Since when?!

In the four finger bars, correct. Since - get ready for this - 2001.

Link

You didn't notice?

Edited by mjmooney

Re- the lemon flavoured crisps. I know Nandos did a (quite hot) crisp that definitely had a lemony side to it.  It appealed to my fondness for extreme flavours but no-one else seemed to like it, and Tesco didn't stock it beyond the first box which I think I probably bought all on my own :)

As for cinema food.  Again I agree with Stevo.  Popcorn is about the quietest cinema food there is.  Bags of minstrels/M&Ms etc and coke slurpers are way noisier, but even then they pale in comparison to the people who just don't shut up.

Sorry, let's rewind a second.

Kit Kats no longer come with a foil wrapper? Since when?!

In the four finger bars, correct. Since - get ready for this - 2001.

Link

You didn't notice?

What the ****?

How long is it since I had a kit kat?!

EDIT: Actually, thinking about it, it's usually the 2 finger variety that I have. Do they still have foil?

I'm positive I've had a kit kat in the past 14 years!

Edited by Stevo985

The apostrophe in "won't".

I don't get the whole word. Should be 'willn't'.
This. I get the apostrophe, that's for the missing 'o' in 'not'. I guess it started as "willn't", but that's clumsy to pronounce, so it got corrupted to "won't". Edited by mjmooney

I've not been this outraged since I saw a guy eating an orange the same way you'd eat an apple!

How do you eat an apple?

I find people who just bite into it savages.

It needs to be sliced into 4 slices and the core taken out before i will even look at it.

Ideally, in small pieces in a bowl with a fork.

I eat it from the top downward, core and everything. Apart from that little black bit at the bottom, I wrap that neatly in cling film then place it in the bin.

Pretty sure popcorn is the cinemas biggest money spinner. Costs something like 3p to make and they sell it for 5 quid!?

Genius bit of marketing over the years, totally brainwashed everyone!

On my first day working for a large cinema chain it was patiently explained to me that 90% of their profit margin comes from concessions, and that the films really are just a way to get people to buy popcorn. 

I still do though. 

• Like 1

Â