Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

What's the point of the lottery jackpot being £184million for one winner?

I just heard the guys interview and he said he thought it was hundred of thousands hed won and he was over the moon thinking it was that. 

Surely like £5-£10mil should be the cap for an individual?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

I can't believe he came out and revealed himself. He made his life so much harder from now on (as hard as your life can be with £184m in the bank)

He must have had a hard life already, he looks 10 years older then he is!

They seem a bit naive actually but I suppose there's no rule book on how to handle something like that.

Edited by Mr_Dogg

2 hours ago, Anthony said:

Yeah, but in the 1920's the ball was constructed differently. They were made of leather, with a rubber bladder, which, when struck turned into depleted uranium. When you see a keeper diving to save a penalty nowadays, they don't realise it was actually inspired by keepers jumping out of the way of the ball to save their lives. True fact.

Joking aside, I did wonder if the force of a leather caseball would be more formidable than that of a lightweight modern ball. 

3 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

Its not my idear.I actually saw this way of deciding a final when I was in New Zealand.

At the start of extra time corners count as points BUT any goal over-rules a corner.To explain more fully,at the end of the 30 minutes if the score is still 0-0 then the team that conceeded the most corners loses.This rewards the attacking team.If however one team conceeds 10 corners but scores the only goal then they win.So, goals override corners.I still remember that extra time,as it was the best ( and most exciting ) I have ever seen.What happened during extra time was a team would attack and there were heaps of shots at goal because the team was looking for a goal or a corner.As soon as one teams GK saved a shot he would start his team attacking so they could hopefully score a goal or a corner.In the end one team won by 1 goal to nil but there were a total of something like 16 corners and 20/30 shots at goal.IMHO much better than a penalty shoot out.I think the corner count ( which was constantly updated on the scoreboard was something like 15 to 16.While watching the game you are constantly looking at the scoreboard and seeing which team is ahead on corners.Really exciting and keeps you on your toes for the whole 30 minutes. 

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mozzavfc said:

I can't believe he came out and revealed himself. He made his life so much harder from now on (as hard as your life can be with £184m in the bank)

Exactly, I have no idea why they have gone public. Absolute madness. Complete naivety. They're put a target on their backs now. 

7 hours ago, Xela said:

Exactly, I have no idea why they have gone public. Absolute madness. Complete naivety. They're put a target on their backs now. 

He's handling it pretty well, though.   He told me to f**k off.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Joking aside, I did wonder if the force of a leather caseball would be more formidable than that of a lightweight modern ball. 

When I started playing soccer we had those leather balls.They were quite heavy but the thing is,I headed one once that was sopping wet and it nearly drove me into the ground.

• 2 weeks later...

The baby smell.

In the last week, my mom, mother in law, sister and sister in law, have all sniffed my baby’s head at some point and reacted like he was a new Yankee candle. Is it a female thing?

I think he’s got B.O.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

The baby smell.

In the last week, my mom, mother in law, sister and sister in law, have all sniffed my baby’s head at some point and reacted like he was a new Yankee candle. Is it a female thing?

I think he’s got B.O.

It’s nature.

You should strut around the perimeter of the group, rubbing your musk in to the curtains.

• Haha 4

29 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Camping for the sake of camping.  

If you’re on some long hike that requires camping, cool!  If you’re at a festival, smelly but cool.

But just driving somewhere to stay in a tent with terrible toileting and cooking options and calling it a holiday?  Nah.

Motorhome? Its basically a bedsit on wheels. 

• Like 1

One of my colleagues goes away with his caravan once a month or so. I'd honestly rather stay home than go away with a tent or a caravan.

If I'm going away on a break, I want things to be more comfortable and luxurious than my house, I'm not sleeping on the **** floor.

• Like 3

Hmmm, camping…camping…

If only there was a VT trope that involved someone who was camp - as in an effeminate way.

And it would be even better if that hypothetical person was in a well known project that was camping (as in tents) based. 

It would be a nice, droll reply to this subject.

Nope, drawing a blank on this one. Shame.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Hmmm, camping…camping…

If only there was a VT trope that involved someone who was camp - as in an effeminate way.

And it would be even better if that hypothetical person was in a well known project that was camping (as in tents) based. 

It would be a nice, droll reply to this subject.

Nope, drawing a blank on this one. Shame.

carry_on_camping.jpg

Why after almost a year the Gresford thread is still at the top of the thread list. 

Anyone from another club reading that must think we are all **** weird. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Why after almost a year the Gresford thread is still at the top of the thread list. 

Anyone from another club reading that must think we are all **** weird. 

And they'd be right

• Like 1

Â