Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

Cleverly is perhaps the player to most benefit from a reversal of form under Sherwood. He's gone from a player who was getting booed off to one who I'd hate to see go now. Today he was an essential part of the midfield success-story, pressing tirelessly and linking play well. Snap him up Sherwood.

Turns out, then, that it wasn't necessarily that Delph, Westwood and Cleverley were all too similar after all, but rather that they were all being told to play essentially the same role by the previous manager. Incredible what a little bit of nous and imagination in handling the resources you've got can do

• Like 2

Turns out, then, that it wasn't necessarily that Delph, Westwood and Cleverley were all too similar after all, but rather that they were all being told to play essentially the same role by the previous manager. Incredible what a little bit of nous and imagination in handling the resources you've got can do

Exactly. Both Delph and Cleverly benefited from Sherwood telling Westwood to sit deep and watch Couthinho - which he did superbly.

Sanchez??

I actually like Sanchez and think he can do well when told just to defend and keep his passing simple, but practically no one rates him on here. 

Which means he's world class. Never take the VT player review as gospel!

There's a great article about TC saying how he is really enjoying his football under Sherwood.

He also said something like "If we win the FA cup, WE'LL be in the community shield". I wonder whether he does see his future here?

Edit for link:

http://tinyurl.com/njpjx9f

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

In the formation we've been playing you need your 2 central midfielders to put a shift in and he has an amazing engine on him. Still thinks he lacks a bit in the final third but with Grealish ahead of him and Delph getting more involved going forward it's less important. 

I hope he stays now. I have a feeling he might. 

This is the best football TC has played for some time, I would love us to sign him up, I think the balance with Westwood, Cleverley and Delph in the middle is really good. I can't believe how much better he looks under Sherwood

I don't understand why he would want to leave now! is he going to have it any better at everton? Are they more likely to win trophies?

I think we have a very good chance of keeping him now.

2 months ago I'd have said there was no chance. But there must be a huge feelgood factor at the club now

I don't understand why he would want to leave now! is he going to have it any better at everton? Are they more likely to win trophies?

No, but they aren't in relegation battles every season. Still think he'll go there

Edited by villalad21

Â