Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

Hope we get him, throw money at him.

Sorry but that is completely the wrong way to go about it.

He has been good but does need to add assists or goals to his name as the other midfielders don't really do it at all besides Delph and that is also very hit and miss. I wouldn't be against him staying with his performances under Sherwood but I do hope we can aim for better hopefully depending on the money made available in the summer.

I was critical of this lad for at least of half this season but he has really proved his worth over the last couple of months.

I do think he has been helped by the change in manager though. Like many of the lads in the middle the shackles have come off a little and now instead of their first thought to be to play the ball backwards or sideways they are now, non more so than Cleverley, getting the ball out of their feet and instantly looking to go forward.

Most of the credit must go to the player though. He has had a fair amount of stick especially at Villa Park from the fans but he has kept his head down and never given less than 100%. You often find with players who leave massive clubs that they aren't willing to put a shift in elsewhere. That has not been the case with this lad and I genuinely get the feeling that he does care and has a burning desire to do well for himself and for this club.

Based on what I have seen over the last couple of months I'd be more than happy for Cleverley to be part of our squad next season as he could definitely be a valuable part of our team/squad hopefully looking to achieve a top half finish.

• Like 2

Hope we get him, throw money at him.

Sorry but that is completely the wrong way to go about it.

He has been good but does need to add assists or goals to his name as the other midfielders don't really do it at all besides Delph and that is also very hit and miss. I wouldn't be against him staying with his performances under Sherwood but I do hope we can aim for better hopefully depending on the money made available in the summer.

The way he's playing I'm sure they will in time, think he has played 7 games under Tim. He's on a free and his performances have been key to our success under Sherwood, can't see any reason not to pay him.

He said: "We feel really positive.

"If you'd said we'd pick up four points at the start of the week, we would have taken it.

"We have come here and produced a very mature and professional performance. And I think we deserved the three points.

"Playing the diamond formation, it gave our full-backs plenty of room and when we switched the play we caused them problems. We hit them on the break too.

"The goal came from switching the player to our full-back and the big man finished brilliantly. He's on fire. Full credit to him.

"The gaffer has given us belief. He has put a bounce into people's strides again.

Asked whether Villa were safe now, he added: "Definitely not.

"Just look at West Brom. They looked safe a couple of weeks ago and they've been dragged right back in.

"We won't be taking our foot off the gas."

:wub:

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4632285,00.html

I don't get it. I don't see what he's done differently since Sherwood came in to what he was doing under Lambert - it's just that the system is different. I've rated him since he joined.

I tried to stick up for him as often as I could under Lambert, but the amount of sideways and backwards, 10-yard passes were ridiculous. He contributed nothing to our game plan other than 'keep the ball, even if it means giving it to Guzan'.

His reluctance to pass forward must have either been down to confidence, the system Lambert had them playing or simply how Lambert was asking him to play.

Its completely different to Lambert. He used to just pass the ball sideways or backwards as soon as he got it. The pass he played to Bacuna against Sunderland was a pass I hadn't seen him play under Lambert, he's now much more direct.

If we can get him to sign then that's brilliant. He genuinely looked happy celebrating with Gabby yesterday so I think he is enjoying his football now.

• Like 3

It will be interesting to see what stance Cleverly takes at the end of the season - stick with us in a potentially exciting new era under Sherwood (and possibly new owners?) or go to Everton as much mooted.

I suppose a big factor is whether he wants to return to the north west of England.

In the past month or so, TC has shown he is a valuable asset to our current team and is forging a great partnership alongside Delph. We would be foolish to let him stroll off at the end of the season and I expect we will try to convince him to stay,

Â