Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

Whilst my opinion on Cleverley has softened to the point where if he stays I'd be quite content, I still don't think he's done enough to make us bend over backwards to keep him.

If financial constraints remain in place then the difference in quality between Cleverley and Westwood is not enough for the difference in cost. Personally speaking, I think Westwood is more than capable of matching Cleverley.

Despite nearly the same number of appearances (TC 26 & AW 22) the stats seem to suggest Westwood is out performing Cleverly, admittedly it's not been a great season though. Westwood has an assist, Cleverley doesn't despite being fit during out upturn in form. Cleverley has picked up 6 yellows to Westwood's 2. Westwood intercepts, clears and blocks more than Cleverly which perhaps only indicates a more defensive position despite having provided an assist. Westwood has made more key passes and is dispossessed less than Cleverley.

I'm sure there are plenty of stats the other way round but I don't think enough to warrant Cleverley being chased and huge chunks of any budget being used on him. At his best, he's marginally better than Westwood but largely no different and often worse.

Apparently he's wanted by us, West Ham, Spurs, Arsenal and 4 european clubs according to 'sky sources'

Do well to remember the unilateral criticisms from other football fans when he came to us. Not that it's such a big deal, but we seemed the only club showing real interest when he was seemingly done at man-u. Couple of good games for us and going to likes of arsenal could be a repeat of man-u.

That said, I wouldn't wipe my arse with a print of "sky sources" articles.

He's been superb the last few weeks. I can't think of what's changed to bring about such an upward turn in form for the life of me.....

Lol, I wouldn't know either.

But let's say it was for something like putting one self in the shop window, we also had a new manager at the same time.

Of course, money talks so I'm gonna stick with the former.

Whilst my opinion on Cleverley has softened to the point where if he stays I'd be quite content, I still don't think he's done enough to make us bend over backwards to keep him.

If financial constraints remain in place then the difference in quality between Cleverley and Westwood is not enough for the difference in cost. Personally speaking, I think Westwood is more than capable of matching Cleverley.

Despite nearly the same number of appearances (TC 26 & AW 22) the stats seem to suggest Westwood is out performing Cleverly, admittedly it's not been a great season though. Westwood has an assist, Cleverley doesn't despite being fit during out upturn in form. Cleverley has picked up 6 yellows to Westwood's 2. Westwood intercepts, clears and blocks more than Cleverly which perhaps only indicates a more defensive position despite having provided an assist. Westwood has made more key passes and is dispossessed less than Cleverley.

I'm sure there are plenty of stats the other way round but I don't think enough to warrant Cleverley being chased and huge chunks of any budget being used on him. At his best, he's marginally better than Westwood but largely no different and often worse.

That's why it's more important to watch a game with your eyes and not stare at the numbers.

It's worth noting Westwood's assist was from a free kick, when playing he takes the majority of set pieces...

• Like 1

Probably his best game for us today. Not sure why he would want to leave us to go to another middling club now that he is playing so well under Sherwood.

He and Delph compliment each other ridiculously well, and we're also starting to see the technical side of Cleverley's game - which is very good. He is more than just a runner, but boy can he run, from kick-off till the whistle blew I don't think he stood still. 

• Like 2

Â