Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

Given how well he is playing here under Sherwood, I would be surprised if we were not his first choice. I would pay his wage demands even if they were distorted by being at Man United. He would be worth it.

Id be surprised if he did stay given the abuse he got by the fans when he was getting taken off earlier in the season

• Like 1

Guest av1

Given how well he is playing here under Sherwood, I would be surprised if we were not his first choice. I would pay his wage demands even if they were distorted by being at Man United. He would be worth it.

Id be surprised if he did stay given the abuse he got by the fans when he was getting taken off earlier in the season
We are no different from any other fans in that regard, the most important thing is he has now come through all of that.

His career to date has been a bit of a roller coaster, and I'm sure the only thing on his mind is playing well and playing regularly at a club where he is valued.

Now I'm not saying I'm sure he'll be here next season, but he is now a regular playing arguably the best football of his career. Will he risk that by jumping ship and starting again? I don't know, but I think we are in with a great chance, I really do.

Edited by av1

We are no different from any other fans in that regard, the most important thing is he has now come through all of that.

His career to date has been a bit of a roller coaster, and I'm sure the only thing on his mind is playing well and playing regularly at a club where he is valued.

Now I'm not saying I'm sure he'll be here next season, but he is now a regular playing arguably the best football of his career. Will he risk that by jumping ship and starting again? I don't know, but I think we are in with a great chance, I really do.

Watch him celebrate his goal yesterday and tell me he's leaving.

It's not that simple, I know, but a manager who has turned him around has an advantage for his signature.

• Like 1

The whole reason the papers lined him to Everton is that he played well under Martinez at Wigan. Well his last 6 weeks at Villa would surpass anything he did at Wigan that's for sure.

Martinez has wanted him for a long, long time as he sees him as a long term successor to Leon Osman.

We'll see what happens in the summer as I think we will be far from the only teams in for him.

I know Benteke and Delph are our main men right now but for me Cleverley was MOTM yesterday. Full of running, dangerous, overpowered McCarthy and Barry and a marvellous finish for the goal.

If the £7m quoted is accurate I'd pay it to keep this midfield together. Westwood has also been fantastic since his bad press about being sold a couple of weeks back.

I know Benteke and Delph are our main men right now but for me Cleverley was MOTM yesterday. Full of running, dangerous, overpowered McCarthy and Barry and a marvellous finish for the goal.

If the £7m quoted is accurate I'd pay it to keep this midfield together. Westwood has also been fantastic since his bad press about being sold a couple of weeks back.

Cleverley is out of contract in the summer so is available on a free - the £7m quoted was to buy him last summer but the deal couldn't be done in time so a loan was arranged.

I have hopes that Sherwood can convince him to sign on at the end of the season.

(An FA Cup win and Prem League survival would seriously help!)

His contract expires July 1st so he wouldn't cost us a fee as such just an fat signing on bonus and accompanying wages.

• Like 1

Quite annoying that him messing around on deadline day means we now may miss out on him.

Why if he wants to stay he'll stay. I don't see any reason he would want to leave.

He is at the stage of his career he needs play consistently good football he is getting that here with a manager that trusts him and he is thriving in, not sure what else the club can do. Sherwood has also spoken publicly about keeping him so if he does move on and if he still doesn't want to stay fair enough; the club shouldn't or couldn't really do anymore than they have done currently.

• Like 1

Fans anywhere only say what they see.....cleverly was playing poor.......he now has his mojo back, it's only natural that club wants to keep him and in a midfield with Delph & Grealish and Westwood improving would he want to give that up?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I wish we'd made his move permanent in January.

A number of posters, including me, were relieved that he was not signed in January, and that opinion persisted right through until Sherwood did `what he does' with players. I hope we can keep him now, and I would be surprised if he moved on.

Â