Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

He's been better under Sherwood but I still don't think he's done enough to justify the £8 million or so that it would take to get him. He's also bound to be on more money at united than we could realistically offer for a player that doesn't appear crucial to our success

He's been better under Sherwood but I still don't think he's done enough to justify the £8 million or so that it would take to get him. He's also bound to be on more money at united than we could realistically offer for a player that doesn't appear crucial to our success

He is out of contract in the summer.

Edited by PieFacE

Let's face it, the whole squad looked shite under Lambert.

On reflection it was probably a bit harsh to single out Cleverly like we did

Disagree I don't think he did anything under Lambert. Now he may have been told to sit there move the ball but when he had it he was still hopeless.

He is out of contract in the summer.

if we continue to play a midfield diamond then he is a very important player. With his work rate.

We should create a song for him telling him to stay. 

Guess it's true, I'm not good at a one-night stand

But I still need love 'cause I'm just a man

These nights never seem to go to plan

I don't want you to leave, will you hold my hand?

Oh, won't you stay with me?

'Cause you're all I need

This ain't love it's clear to see

But darling, stay with me

He'd be a good signing on a free but I won't shed tears if he decides his future is elsewhere. He puts a shift in but in the end he lacks quality in the final third. He hasn't scored all season, has he even assisted?

A decent player for sure but replaceable if needs be. 

• Like 1

Always thought he had it in him. Towards the end of his tenure Lambert wanted defensive abilities priority and not attacking intent. He had no idea how to get 100% out of players like Cleverley and in the end he had hardly any idea what to do with Benteke.  

Surely fans can see now, although not completely innocent himself how he wrecked Bent. When Benteke was out we was crying out for a striker, Playing Bent how we are now playing Benteke would have got us out the shit alot earlier and even maybe saved Lambert from the sack.

Always thought he had it in him. Towards the end of his tenure Lambert wanted defensive abilities priority and not attacking intent. He had no idea how to get 100% out of players like Cleverley and in the end he had hardly any idea what to do with Benteke.

Surely fans can see now, although not completely innocent himself how he wrecked Bent. When Benteke was out we was crying out for a striker, Playing Bent how we are now playing Benteke would have got us out the shit alot earlier and even maybe saved Lambert from the sack.

Not a chance we would see Darren Bent making 60+ touches in a game, getting himself all over the pitch.

The Bent thing needs to stop, he isn't good enough anymore.

• Like 1

lol

Like soo many other player Cleverly looks better under Sherwood than under Lambert.

Could be a number of reasons for this, but for me it is very much down to the fact that Lambert was tactically clueless.

I might not always agree with or understand Sherwoods selections and substitutions, but it's seems clear to me that the players now know exactly what they are supposed to do on the pitch. Just look at our attacking movement.

Cleverly is not a creative genious that can just roam around the pitch, he (like most players) needs direction to perform. 

Will be a usefull player for us in the race to avoid relegation.

We should create a song for him telling him to stay. 

Oh, won't you stay with me?

Oh Tom... Cle-ver-ley

Aston Villa's the place to be

Oh Tom... Cle-ver-ley

Fixed ;)

• Like 1

Fair play to Cleverley.

For me he is the player that some of us have been waiting 3-4 years for Westwood to become.

Some nice link up play, good tracking back and most importantly incisive passing. This is something Westwood is not capable of for me

Fair play to Cleverley.

For me he is the player that some of us have been waiting 3-4 years for Westwood to become.

Some nice link up play, good tracking back and most importantly incisive passing. This is something Westwood is not capable of for me

Westwood isnt even here 3 years  :lol:

• Like 1

Fair play to Cleverley.

Westwood isnt even here 3 years  :lol:

Hes about to complete his 3rd full season?

3-4 years was maybe an exaggeration but the point still stands.

Also both completely different roles in what they do and offer on the pitch

Don't agree with that, if both of them play then one becomes redundant. Im happy for one to be starter and one cover on the bench but we shouldn't play both imo.

Fair play to Cleverley.

I'm not saying he's not better than Westwood but incisive passing? I'd back Ashley's ability to pick a pass more than Cleverley's tbh.

Â