Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

He's so shaky on the ball. Needs to quicken it up a bit, because if he doesn't lose it himself he gives it to someone under loads of after he's messed around.

Clearly got ability but still a lot of holes in his game for me.

anyone remember Petrovs first season? Hardly glory filled.

I totally agree the guy has a few holes in his game and its pretty obvious hes had a bit of trouble adapting to the pace of the PL compared to the Spanish second division. Im always prepared to give new foreign players a bit of time to settle. The thing for me with Sanchez is we're watching him grow with every game and he IS getting better and better.

I also thought when Delph came on there was another player on his wavelength. The little passes to people under pressure suddenly turned into our midfielders in keeping possession shocker.

Definately a player in there

anyone remember Petrovs first season? Hardly glory filled.

I totally agree the guy has a few holes in his game and its pretty obvious hes had a bit of trouble adapting to the pace of the PL compared to the Spanish second division. Im always prepared to give new foreign players a bit of time to settle. The thing for me with Sanchez is we're watching him grow with every game and he IS getting better and better.

I also thought when Delph came on there was another player on his wavelength. The little passes to people under pressure suddenly turned into our midfielders in keeping possession shocker.

Definately a player in there

I think you brought up an interesting issue to follow in the near future. How do he and Delph connect?

Hopefully Sanchez can help Delph get to the final third, where his problems lie.

I think he has the potential to be a good player for us, but he's not there yet, too many mistakes. You do not see Westwood making those type of errors. So at this stage he  really doesn't make the rest of the midfield look poor. 

Edited by PaulC

I think he has the potential to be a good player for us, but he's not there yet, too many mistakes. You do not see Westwood making those type of errors. So at this stage he  really doesn't make the rest of the midfield look poor. 

Westwood is safety first, Sanchez takes chances to try to make things happen - that's why Sanchez is the much better player.

Westwood is safety first, Sanchez takes chances to try to make things happen - that's why Sanchez is the much better player.

I agree with this actually.

There are times when Sanchez gets caught out or makes a sloppy pass but he always looks forward and thinks of ways to get us futher up the pitch.

I like Westwood but I think Sanchez has the potential to be the better player given PL experience.

He just needs to quicken things up a bit.

• Like 1

Sure he makes mistakes - key thing for me is his desire - he is learning the lingo, and probably realises he isn't up to full speed in the PL - but he seems willing to learn - and doesn't seem to have a billy B B attitude .....hope he continues to improve..

Edited by smetrov

He's good.  It's as simple as that.  Just a shame he's 29, not 27.

28 but yeah I agree, however in his role we often see players playing well into their 30s, mainly because it isn't a role that is reliant on pace (thank god, because the lad is very slow, albeit not surprising due to him being an absolute unit).

One thing I noticed that I find hilarious is his reaction to referees, constantly applauding them and giving them thumbs up  :D  :D  :D

Is he a pure DM or do people think he has a bit more.

I don't see him as any sort of number 10 or influencing the play in the final third but he's reasonably mobile and won't just stay holding his position in the centre circle.

Be interesting what we do with the midfield in the summer. If we sign Cleverley full time then Lambert will probably feel he has enough to do the dirty work but I'm not sure there's a pure DM in there nor those it look that creativity so I'd say we'd need one more on top of that if resources allow.

Â