Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

Yep improving over the course of the season, becoming a very important player for us.

This.  He's improving the more he plays (pretty understandable).  When he used to give the ball away under pressure, he's now more calm.  His passing is actually very good - I think it has been more of a confidence thing and he's starting to get more confident.

He has started to look at lot more confident with the ball at his feet, and knows how to pick a pass. Both him and Okore have totally transformed how solid we look. Even at 1-1 with 10 men today he didn't panic and tried to play the same way, and that positivity spread to the rest of the team.

• Like 4

He is really growing in stature. It will be great to see him, Delph and Westwood in the middle. Replace Weimann/Gabby with Grealish and we could be very exciting. Solid at the back too - this guy has helped with that over recent weeks.

If we splash 8m on shite like Cleverley when we can get gems like him for 3m then I will be fuming

Bit early for him to be a "gem", surely?!

Never too late to put down Cleverley, it seems. A totally unnecessary and sad comment. Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 2

Completed 60 passes yesterday, the third most in the Premier League this weekend.

What a meaningless statistic.

Utterly meaningless, it's not like a lot of completed passes equals lots of possession, equals more chance creation, equals less pressure on the team, equals more pressure on the other team, equals more running for the opposition, equals more spaces appearing in the final third, equals more goals.Try telling that to Barcelona .

I've always thought passing completely meaningless I have.

I have said from day one, football should be one Goalkeeper and one Striker each team. First to win by two clear goals.

Passing?

It's a myth, an absolute myth.

The game's gone man, absolutely gone when passing is looked at as a meaningful statistic.

What next ay, you'll be telling me the scoreline means something!

Completed 60 passes yesterday, the third most in the Premier League this weekend.

Utterly meaningless, it's not like a lot of completed passes equals lots of possession, equals more chance creation, equals less pressure on the team, equals more pressure on the other team, equals more running for the opposition, equals more spaces appearing in the final third, equals more goals.Try telling that to Barcelona .

I have said from day one, football should be one Goalkeeper and one Striker each team. First to win by two clear goals.

Passing?

The game's gone man, absolutely gone when passing is looked at as a meaningful statistic.

Utterly meaningless, it's not like a lot of completed passes equals lots of possession, equals more chance creation, equals less pressure on the team, equals more pressure on the other team, equals more running for the opposition, equals more spaces appearing in the final third, equals more goals.

Passing?

What a performance; no mistakes, great passing, didn't dwell on the ball and made sure it was always in a position to be passed when things were tight.

Clearly the guy has taken advice on board/is able to reflect on his performances because game by game he's improving on errors and the team is confident in passing to him, having Delph back really helps too because he affords players more space and time on with ball and is a constant outlet for a pass.

• Like 1

What a performance; no mistakes, great passing, didn't dwell on the ball and made sure it was always in a position to be passed when things were tight.

Clearly the guy has taken advice on board/is able to reflect on his performances because game by game he's improving on errors and the team is confident in passing to him, having Delph back really helps too because he affords players more space and time on with ball and is a constant outlet for a pass.

Good point. He seems like an easily coachable player.

Â