Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

If we splash 8m on shite like Cleverley when we can get gems like him for 3m then I will be fuming

No pressure then Lambert. Gem after gem please.

Indeed, if it was that simple to pick up gem after gem for £3m everybody would be doing it.

Sometimes you need to pay the asking price, or over the odds.

It just seems we, as fans, don't want to spend money on players like Cleverley, who have improved us, yet moan when we have the inevitable high percentage of  £1m-£3m duds.

It's a stretch to suggest cleverley has improved us to be honest.

That has nothing to do with the point being made. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough though.

You can't begin to "expect" signings of Sanchez's quality for relative peanuts time and time again, less money than we paid for Sasa Curcic. You're setting the manager up to fail.

One day, if he lasts long enough (and we do), he will spend £8m+ on a dud. Don't be fuming about it, that's just the nature of the game.

Agreed, but Sanchez has definitely improved us  ;), how much did he cost again?

While that's true definitely true, Sanchez has been a bonus this season, I think Cleverely has improved his performances while he's been with us and when we have the right players beside him we do look better, for example I quite enjoyed the intricate play between Cole, Cleverley and Westwood, it created a lot of space....sadly that space was for our wide players in Gabby, N'Zog and Weimann and for less than 90mins.

I think adding Delph and Benteke and losing Cole will still allow that play to occur and so most of us are debating the price rather than the player, if we can get him for £5million or less it'd be a fair gamble (you'd probably sell for £3million if he's a flop) but if we're going to use him properly he needs someone wide to pass to and take passes from.

He'll improve us if we get the right players around him but if it's a choice between a wide man with potential/reputation or Cleverley we might be more improved with someone wide, players are costly in January so it I don't fancy our chances.

That has nothing to do with the point being made. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough though.

You can't begin to "expect" signings of Sanchez's quality for relative peanuts time and time again, less money than we paid for Sasa Curcic. You're setting the manager up to fail.

One day, if he lasts long enough (and we do), he will spend £8m+ on a dud. Don't be fuming about it, that's just the nature of the game.

No I get what you mean.

However, when we can see what Cleverley offers from previous experience and we're still willing to spend big (for us atm) money on him then it's infuriating.

Holman has nothing to do with the debate at all as he was 2 years ago and for the price quoted I'd much rather have KEA yes.

not the point, Your issue seems to be about the price quoted. You dont care about the talent?

Well it's an opinion.

What has he done in a Villa shirt better than KEA did? KEA was given a hard time by many Villa fans, when he put in some good performances and scored some important goals. Neither KEA or Cleverley would get into our fully fit midfield though.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Â